car value

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
The law is to protect bikers.......tsk tsk tsk..they r the one at fault MOST OF THE TIME. KNS! now i think back my earlier incident with the civic, the police said neither one is at fault n case close.

Understand now. Yes, it was a bike that rear-ended one of our cars. In the end, I decided not to go throught the 3rd party hassle and paid for the repair myself.

racheltoh;514778 said:
Hi, just renewed the car insurance for 325i msports 07 at 195k. is this the current market value? cos after i renewed, i realised other "brands" can go for a lower value.

also, nowadays renewing insurance got no free gifts...is it the this particular company or all insurance companies dont give free gifts?

hi rachel...how much do u insure your windscreen ? wondering if i shud insure it lower....got it insured for rm5500 last year..

astroboy;515009 said:
Many insurers around ma. if one got loading or excess, move on to another lor. I was with MNI for a pretty long while due to its convenience and also since the day they offer me NCB protector plan (meaning I buy extra insurance to cover potential lose of NCB :eek:). Phone in service, toll free number, can use credit card, no excess, no loading. Now they change to ETIQA liao and also because of 1 bad claim experience involving a motorbike where the biker was at fault and summoned, I claim 3rd party knock-4-knock, yet ETIQA threaten me to forfeit all my NCB just because the accident involved a motorbike. I ended up claim direct 3rd party. I boycotted them ever since.

I later found out its not their fault, its a general industry practice. If claim 3rd party knock-4-knock and involving a motorbike, u lose your NCB even though u not at fault in the accident.

UNI ASIA>>>a.b. what do you think?:rolleyes:

mnas;518755 said:
hi rachel...how much do u insure your windscreen ? wondering if i shud insure it lower....got it insured for rm5500 last year..

Just insured my windscreen last week. The insured value agreed with insurer is between 4K -5K depending on the claim details. In my case i just insured 4K but according to the agent the claim will not cover my Vkool.

I don't insure for windscreens anymore, as through all the years of paying for windscreen cover for all the cars, I could have bought many, many windscreens. Self-insured for this risk now. :wink:

Longines;518758 said:
UNI ASIA>>>a.b. what do you think?:rolleyes:

Only heard Kurni@ had bad claim history.. dunno now la. Might have improved.

Dunno anything about UNI ASIA. Got people service u or not? The agent very important. I pick agent, not company.. I'm sure u must have friends that sell insurance.. They are even agent out there that's so hard sell, they even share their commission with u. :eek:

So confussed.....I just renewed my 08 320i E90 LCI. And I think I undervalued it...(Gulps!)

Ennui78;519123 said:
So confussed.....I just renewed my 08 320i E90 LCI. And I think I undervalued it...(Gulps!)

Shhh.... keep quiet.. :D :D

Actually no problem one.. if no claim, then nothing wan. If claim, then your claim will be subjected to under insured penalty, so instead of claiming 100% of the repair, u'll only be reimbursed with 100% less under insured value percentage.. the more u under insured, the more it will knock down your claim.

I didnt insure windscreen

Can undervalue one meh? cos when the agent said the value to me, and i asked to lower, he said cannot. Maybe Allianz is different than Kurnia or Uniasia or tokio ...???

racheltoh;519134 said:
I didnt insure windscreen

Can undervalue one meh? cos when the agent said the value to me, and i asked to lower, he said cannot. Maybe Allianz is different than Kurnia or Uniasia or tokio ...???

Can! Who say kenot? But make sure u insure at least enough to redeem your bank loan la. Kesian itu bank if you lose the car and insurance not enough to pay the bank.. :p they'll still come after u la.. :D

The law only says u need to have a minimum 3rd party insurance to protect the unlucky 3rd party involves in the accident, like pedestrian and so forth.

FIRZ67;518779 said:
Just insured my windscreen last week. The insured value agreed with insurer is between 4K -5K depending on the claim details. In my case i just insured 4K but according to the agent the claim will not cover my Vkool.

thanks man.. actually when ii insured my windscreen in the 1st year..nothing happen..but on the 2nd year, i didnt insure it, then 2-3 stones started having affinity to my windscreen. luckily it happened close to the 3rd year insurance renewal, so might as welll cover it...had to play cheat otherwise this bloody insurance company keep sucking our money.

I've insured the windscreens of multiple cars for many, many, many years and nothing happened. If I add up all the premiums I've paid, I could have paid for many windscreens over. I reckon it's not worth it and would rather pay for flood and landslide damage. You never know when you're going to park in an underground car park which is flood prone. And THAT can be a total loss.

Top Bottom