Malaysian Diesel euro 2 NOT suitable for BMW diesel engine ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Kevin Khoo

Club Guest
Reported in the Star on 15/11/2011 quoting transport minister said that diesel euro 2 is not suitable for newer engine . If so, why is BMW bringing in diesel engine ? Why is it not suitable.?

Local diesel very dirty, it will clog the DPF (diesel particulate filter) in the emission system, the DPF is meant for emission control. Those brought in by BMW Malaysia are with DPF removed, so no problem. This is just one of the modification, I think they reduce the injector pressure or something..

Kevin, please introduce yourself in the newbie section before further posting. Thanks!

edited: DPF remove

Those brought into Malaysian market have been tested with Malaysian diesel....
I think Astroboy meant the DPF has been removed for the Malaysian BMW diesel engines.

astroboy;689915 said:
Local diesel very dirty, it will clog the DPF (diesel particulate filter) in the emission system, the DPF is meant for emission control. Those brought in by BMW Malaysia are with DPF removed, so no problem. This is just one of the modification, I think they reduce the injector pressure or something..

Kevin, please introduce yourself in the newbie section before further posting. Thanks!

edited: DPF remove

wow.. good to hear that... hehehe... ***eyeing on the oil burners*** hehehhe...

with the DPF removed, they effectively transfer the problem of dirty diesel to the engine internals i.e. the injectors.......plain
common sense. still wanna get a diesel.....or wait for euro 4?????

bmwky;689968 said:
with the DPF removed, they effectively transfer the problem of dirty diesel to the engine internals i.e. the injectors.......plain

DPF is at the exhaust. It traps the soot and burns it away at regular intervals. Diesel is diesel, what's dirty is what comes out at the back, the BMW N47 engine used in the 320d and 520d is not affected since it's designed for older diesel fuels.

In short:

Euro 2M diesel -> most soot
Euro 2M diesel with DPF -> less soot but more problems with DPF
Euro 4/5/6 diesel with DPF -> almost no soot

bmwky;689968 said:

heard EURO4 delayed or rather given an extension by the G for 2014....sigh

All diesels have particles and filters to trap them. Why some people keep saying Euro 2 so very dirty and so bad for car? If that case all lorries and cars will be stranded in masses. Euro 4 is more environmentally friendly thats all.
In diesel cars, diesel engine differ from the modern petrol engine because power is controlled by the fuel supply, rather than by controlling the air intake. When the engine runs at low power, there is sufficient oxygen present to burn the fuel, and diesel engines only make significant amounts of carbon monoxide when running under a load. Diesel exhaust is known for its smell and other poisonous air contaminants which is harmful to our health.
Because many modern cars have turbo diesel engines, the onus is be on owners to have them serviced proper at proper diesel centers otherwise mistakes can happen and you don't want non diesel part accidentally to get in.

bmwky;689968 said:

well, if u planned to get the EURO 4 in this Boleh Land, then be prepared to wait till at least 2014 since our petroleum companies are not ready for the change YET. more info, goto: (source: paultan.org)

http://paultan.org/2011/11/16/govt-...euro-4-grade-diesel-they-now-have-until-2014/

Top Bottom