..Malaysia map..how..?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..i was playing a bit with navigation system, with hope that I will be able to see Malaysia map installed..unfortunately, no..only Japan..so, simple question, what to do?? How/where to upload Malaysia map??

Your car was originally imported from Japan?

If so, sad to say, your navi can only be used in Japan. Japan navi are unique to the country since it used a totally different system.

The way to get it working is to change the complete system.

haywire;740448 said:
The way to get it working is to change the complete system.
..by saying this, do you mean Mk IV NAV disc/computer or firmware removal/update ??

you will need to change the complete hardware including the computer and disc. the screen can stay.

..ahh..well, thats kind a setback because for money I have to spend to update Mk IV NAV, i could get external GPS device with dancing girl ..

..just came across this site, and they have plenty of stuff..hopefully there is some things we can use here...just emailed them, so fingers crossed..

http://www.bmwnavi.eu/

just get garmin and stick it in your car , Cheap and up 2 date map free.

japan gps work differently from the rest of the world, their GPS uses lamp post position system to assist as there is too many tall tower in japan. which block GPS

dark1234;740712 said:
just get garmin and stick it in your car , Cheap and up 2 date map free.

japan gps work differently from the rest of the world, their GPS uses lamp post position system to assist as there is too many tall tower in japan. which block GPS

..yes bro, that is true, its just that its my crazy mind cant be in peace if things doesnt work as they should :) so, most probably Ill buy brand new navigation computer, but ill put that on very last thing to do..

What I know, you only need to change your MKIV module with UK version, insert the malaysia map Cd, and you ready to go..

Ecc0;740681 said:
..just came across this site, and they have plenty of stuff..hopefully there is some things we can use here...just emailed them, so fingers crossed..

http://www.bmwnavi.eu/

If you're looking for maps, I have them (2010 version). I also have the V32 firmware for it.

You will need to change the MKIV computer. Just find one off ebay, you'll surely be crazy if you're seeking new ones.

haywire;740884 said:
If you're looking for maps, I have them (2010 version). I also have the V32 firmware for it.

You will need to change the MKIV computer. Just find one off ebay, you'll surely be crazy if you're seeking new ones.

..bro, can you pin point for me exact computer model i should look for (just to avoid purchase of wrong item), cosindering that its for Z4M Coupe (if that is important)..

haywire;740884 said:

HI

Can I get a copy of the maps?

Sure, but what car do u drive? Tried it on late E60 and it didnt work... maybe only on mkIV or mk III navigations.

haywire;742415 said:
Sure, but what car do u drive? Tried it on late E60 and it didnt work... maybe only on mkIV or mk III navigations.

I have 2004 x3 .. is MK4 sat nav

Or if you can save all the hassle and just get a gps. There's plenty of good reliable gps brands. try papago, or garmin

Im just recommending nway. lol although built in car gps are always better. as the placement of the screen are just at the right place for viewing.

Hye there,

I just bought japan spec can you guys mind sharing place so that i can install malaysia and singapore map? how much it cost?

lizardizz;831393 said:
Hye there,

I just bought japan spec can you guys mind sharing place so that i can install malaysia and singapore map? how much it cost?

Hi bro, normally Japan GPS is not usable outside of Japan.

Top Bottom