..Malaysia first title worldwide.. :)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..im sorry guys, this is not cars related thread, but my excitement..I want to share with you moment where first 3D game, completely builted by malaysian company, from technology, up to concept, art, animation, 2D art, is taken by largest publisher on planet, Electronic Arts..it took few years of really hard time, and here it is..im so happy that we 'nailed' it and im happy that it came from Malaysia and many excellent young artists from all malaysia ethinc backgrounds, focused around same goal..and it WORKS..we have also large contracts for our software as it seems to be much more superior than existing tools..anyway, One malaysia can work la..here is proove of concept..proud to be causasian malaysian.. :)[video=youtube;fpEGjyU7ZTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpEGjyU7ZTs&feature=relmfu[/video]

seewai;752894 said:
Bro Ecc0, you're into game designing / developing?
Good job bro!

..yes, Im software writer (actually im mathematician), so what i do is design of real time software systems (3D games use that too)... :) .. im just happy that we nailed it and happines of malaysians in studio is sooo nice to see.. :)

Ecc0;752895 said:
..yes, Im software writer (actually im mathematician), so what i do is design of real time software systems (3D games use that too)... :) .. im just happy that we nailed it and happines of malaysians in studio is sooo nice to see.. :)

Fantastico!

Ecco,

Excellent work!!! Good to know you are transferring your skills to Malaysians.

Ecc0;752895 said:

Great work bro :top: Hope to see more development coming from Malaysian games company ...

P/s: do update us more ... John Carmack used to be my hero lol

If memory serve, Codemaster also did the same with rally game. Days by days Malaysian got recognize by international studio.

..Codemasters are UK company, and they do here only 3D modelling, and sending it back to UK (thats how it worked until some company from india bought them)...right now they try to do whole thing here..I know folks from Codemasters, so it was same business model as Ubisoft or EA doing in Singapore..just outsourcing part of work, usually modelling/texture..what we did is entire thing from ground zero, software/tools/art/modelling/all voice acting done by local movie actors, etc.. its different :)

If not mistaken there are lots of 3d fps , mmo games design by malaysian company in colaboration with korean and japanese company.

Most Malaysian company do the collaboration with Korean or Japan MMO mostly just translation and server side service from what i see. We still need to wait for green light from the main company to even patch the game or any new feature.

p/s Does Hoodwing game use engine from Gearbox? Level design look familiar aside graphic.

..game engine used in Hoodwink is done by me, in our studio here..we have no obstructions or anything like other 3rd party assigned works happen before in Malaysia..as I said..totally done here and free...also, I do not know any studio here that is licensed developer for PS3/PS4 and Xbox360/720 except our lil studio..usually game developers going to release on consoles trough publisher, who holds console license, but in our case, we have it all done from here , and if you know that malaysia is NOT recognized as a developer hub, so you cant get license for PS and XBOX systems here, then things are even more valuable..in short...whole thing, from tech up to design and voice actors (you will recognize many famous malaysian actors from credit list :) ), is done here, except sound composing, done by MTV award winner and opera composer, Leon Willett.

It may not recognize now, but as we speak from what you showed and from previous experience, we getting to a very good start. Impressive feat!

Top Bottom