M52b28/TU engine

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ryucky81

Club Guest
hi all. i knw is abit weird that to ask in this way!:D how to knw it is M52b28/TU without check through register card n chasis num? becos my fren gonna buy an E39 1998 n the owner claim that he oredy transpalant the engine to M52b28/TU but without re-register. any "special" things to check the engine to confirm that is M52b28/TU?:confused: me did check through one of our forumer did ask about the different Single Vanos n Double Vanos(frm the pic contribute by our forunmer). can we judge by the Vanos?:confused: :D thanks and regaards

hmmnn.. all e39 year 98 onwards came with the double vanos, only the 523, as for the 528, year 99 onwards..

just now test drive the car with my fren,stand still pick up abit lag, mid power quit OK. r all 528i like that?

seller still claim that it had transpalant to M52b28.

thanks and regards

pussy;208433 said:
runing on 2.5 ecu, sure no power la..

how 2 check whether is 2.5 ecu? if wanna change back to 2.8 ecu will cost hw much?

thinking to get this E39 if my fren don 1.:D

any idea y when depress break got 'tik tik tik' sound har?

he he he today cannot tahan n go drive again.

hi all sifu-sifu

any idea y when slowing down got 'trik trik trik'sound(continuesly)untill stop? gear box sound?

thanks and regards

ryucky81;208654 said:
any idea y when depress break got 'tik tik tik' sound har?

he he he today cannot tahan n go drive again.

If its not a continous sound, check the brake pads. The brake pads on the piston side has got a 'spring' that keeps the pads on the piston. If that spring is loose or broken, everytime u depress the brakes, that tik tak sound is created as the piston contacts the brake pad backing plate. If the spring is tight, there is no or very little freeplay/gap between the brake pads backing plate and the piston caliper.

Continous sound, it can be from the transmission or rear differential. Maybe the long shaft.

1996E36328i;209390 said:
If its not a continous sound, check the brake pads. The brake pads on the piston side has got a 'spring' that keeps the pads on the piston. If that spring is loose or broken, everytime u depress the brakes, that tik tak sound is created as the piston contacts the brake pad backing plate. If the spring is tight, there is no or very little freeplay/gap between the brake pads backing plate and the piston caliper.

Continous sound, it can be from the transmission or rear differential. Maybe the long shaft.

thanks for the reply.:D

n yes, that is continuosly tik tik sound untill it stop! does it condsider major faulty for the gear box,rear diffrential n long shaft?:eek:

wat's the cost for repairing?

thanks and regards

oredi check with mech the sound was from aircond fan belt tensioner!

he he, another question for all sifu-sifu! the previous owner had change to sport spring and adsober(don knw wat brand),can i used back the adsober n change to ori spring?

the spring is very hard, me wanna a confort ride,possible to do?

thanks and regards

Top Bottom