M50B25 engine - Original Manual (Query)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

-J-

Club Guest
Hi All,Apologies for opening up a thread on this.Really need to know the details;I'm thinking of selling my engine M50B25 with original manual.The engine has 186k clocked, and from an original E36 M-sport 325i.May I know how much can it fetch on today's market price? :cool:I have got a call from someone offering an M3 3.0.Please advise. thanks

Whole engine with gearbox? Market price for a complete gearbox (pedals, shifter, long shaft, rear diff maybe, clutch pump etc) is somewhere between low 4k to high 5k. I've seen some go for 6k but that's rare. Not too sure about engine though maybe someone else can help with that.

Wow..
so the whole thing might cost in the region of 7-8K then?
thanks Loafer.
that really helps..

if ya willing to part the manual box , let me know ...but need to have a look at it first ya ...or if it still running any chance to test drive ...let me know

TQ

M50B25 gearbox should be Getrag 220 lor. The most common one around.

Hi Iceman,

Sure do.. but wouldn't my engine be worthless without my manual GB? =)
Its still with the car anyway..
Still awaiting the finance minister(mam) decision, whether can I sell off the engine n get the M/// which is about 16K(is this the normal half-cut price?)
If not, I think I'll maintain n get myself a ZX6.. hahah..

You can sell engine and gearbox separately la not a problem.

16k is ok for a M halfcut. Proper halfcut or engine only?

Hi Loafer,
Not a halfcut. Engine including wiring,GB, shaft etc.
some sd its expensive, but some sd its alright.. duh..

5 speed or 6 speed gearbox? If you ask me 16k for 3.0 M3 engine and not halfcut maybe a bit pricey.

-J-;597713 said:
Hi Iceman,

Sure do.. but wouldn't my engine be worthless without my manual GB? =)
Its still with the car anyway..
Still awaiting the finance minister(mam) decision, whether can I sell off the engine n get the M/// which is about 16K(is this the normal half-cut price?)
If not, I think I'll maintain n get myself a ZX6.. hahah..

thanks bro ..would love to test drive ya ride ....i just need to feel the 4th gear pulling momentum ...

can you pm me ya number and location ... TQ

ICEMAN 13;597896 said:
thanks bro ..would love to test drive ya ride ....i just need to fell the 4th gear pulling momentum ...

can you pm me ya number and location ... TQ

Hi Loafer,

Its a 5 speed. expensive? ow shite, i have to do my research again then...
So how much would a 5speeder 3.0 cost nowadays?

Hi Iceman,
i'll send u a PM
im @ Setia Alam area anyway, but most of the time in PJ/Subang (weekdays)

saw in mudah about manual gearbox from UK being sold by company some time ago. will check later & post a link if i still can find the advert. Cheers !

Let me know if you wanna sell the M50B25 including manual gb with your other stuff. Might take it off you and keep it for later.. PM me if can test drive... :)

u're m50 has a lot of potential. what is your reason for getting a m3 engine? not only will you have to spend $$$ to get it right before installing, the maintenance might not be worth the effort. would be better to sell and get a real m3, the full effect is from the whole package, not just the engine.

but if you're looking for power, the m50 is a very friendly engine to work with. just depends on what your goal is.

my 2 cents.

-J-;598182 said:
Hi Loafer,

Its a 5 speed. expensive? ow shite, i have to do my research again then...
So how much would a 5speeder 3.0 cost nowadays?

Hi Iceman,
i'll send u a PM
im @ Setia Alam area anyway, but most of the time in PJ/Subang (weekdays)

Top Bottom