M50B20 to M50B25 Questions...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

seech

Club Guest
My M50B20 is giving me too many problems so thinking about just junking it and replacing with a new engine BUT just spent a substantial amount of money on the gearbox which is now perfect. So, need to ask all the sifu:- Is the gearbox the same for the M50B20 and the M50B25? Mine is the GM 4 speed.- Does this also apply to Vanos and non-Vanos?- Have read somewhere that you can change the internals only to M50B25. Is this correct?One of the issues I have is that the engine runs a little hotter since I skimmed the head due to an overheating issue sometime back. That's why I decided it may be better to just change to a 'new' engine.Any advise is most appreciated as I need to decide whether to continue fixing it or to replace with a new engine.Many, many thanks in advance.

Hi Bro,

yes, you can, but the new engine must have the wiring, ecu, ews if got, internal dash wiring, meters.

but, you still can plonk in the B25, but remain the wiring, sensors.. if the B20 is a single vanos, then possible to run the B25 single vanos also.
however, the engine might be not have full power of the 189 or 191 hp...

regards.

Thanks for the info. Just concerned about the auto box I just refurbished. If can use with M50B25 then can consider.

im trying to do the same thing too.. issit true that if i want to stroke my m50b20 vanos to 2.5 ill need to get
1. A 2.5 head
2. A 2.5 crank and camshafts
3. 2.5 pistons
4. ECU
5. 2.5 exhaust system

looks like its better to get a m50b25 engine and salvage all the internals right?
and if my tranny is manual, must i get a manual engine or izzit just the ecu has to me manual...

thanks guys

Before your stroker kit project,you must know the dimension of bore and the stroke for both engine
smil483c45191c598.gif
2.0 upgrade to 2.5 be a unsafe project .Good luck to you.

Top Bottom