M42 ews

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jumpman

Club Guest
I am currently going thru this hassle. apparently i had bought the engine without the EWS system. due to that i can't get the car to start...cranking yes..but not spark firing. I have gone through so many readings on this and until now I have not come across with any of the solution which works. Anyone care to lead me in the correct way? Thanks!

Henry, EEE30 found a way around it. However his E30 project is with an S50. Just PM the guy and see if he can help.

A bit confused wit ur statement......u said u found d engine WITHOUT EWS therefore u can't start d car???? Or it shld be WITH EWS? To make d thing simple...the M42 engine is nothing to do wit d EWS thing,its d ECU and d EWS module...so if ur engine complete with an ecu which wit ews,u need a complete set of ecu,module,key sensor and s chip to start ur car... If something missing, u can't fire up ur car... To solve d problem...its very simple....just find an ecu which is WITHOUT ews and use back ur existing wiring and do some bypass thingy, u shld be able to fire up ur car...hope tis will help....

Mizhan: Thanks, will look him up.
jarance: Which ecu are we looking at here?
kura2: haha..read about ur megasquirt..i don't have the resources here to do so.
lionel:I got the engine from Lai @ PKL..i met u there with Fabian that time remember? The ecu is the EWS one with the last 3 digits being 590, silver label DME. The engine came with the wiring harness and ecu but without the EWS module. Lai had also passed to me a red label Motronic ECU which does not work and also it is obviously not compatible. Care to explain more about the bypass thingy? i've been reading to no avail as the information online is not solid enough for me to rely on.

Guys, many thanks for your input so far.

jumpman;600122 said:
Mizhan: Thanks, will look him up.
jarance: Which ecu are we looking at here?
kura2: haha..read about ur megasquirt..i don't have the resources here to do so.
lionel:I got the engine from Lai @ PKL..i met u there with Fabian that time remember? The ecu is the EWS one with the last 3 digits being 590, silver label DME. The engine came with the wiring harness and ecu but without the EWS module. Lai had also passed to me a red label Motronic ECU which does not work and also it is obviously not compatible. Care to explain more about the bypass thingy? i've been reading to no avail as the information online is not solid enough for me to rely on.

Guys, many thanks for your input so far.

Now most important item u need is d M42 ECU which without EWS....once u got it ...u can solve ur problem ..... If u can't find d ecu then u might need to find a complete set of ews system....but go for option 1 ...I try to ask my fren got any ecu without ews or not....

Lionel_Koh;600145 said:
Now most important item u need is d M42 ECU which without EWS....once u got it ...u can solve ur problem ..... If u can't find d ecu then u might need to find a complete set of ews system....but go for option 1 ...I try to ask my fren got any ecu without ews or not....

Thanks bro lionel.hopefully i can settle this before cny which is like just around the corner.*fingers crossed*

RogeR: Still loyal to my ol'faithful for now..hahaha!

bro lionel, you mentioned about the bypass thingy once you hook up the non-EWS ecu..can u explain how to go about it?thanks

I have a set of E39 immobilizer set but dun know whether it can be use for your car....

It should be the same for e36....... same engine type...

bmwjackiee36;601405 said:
I have a set of E39 immobilizer set but dun know whether it can be use for your car....

It should be the same for e36....... same engine type...

FYI; EWS unit alone will not solve his issue. It has to be EWS unit, matching ignition key , matching ECU. All those 3 things have to come together. What engine you have in your e39?

What is the EWS part number he require?? I have the black connector at the EWS... believe that it work for BMW E36 or E39 pre 1996...

Not really need much job ....once u found the Non EWS ecu ....just plug in ans start ur car .......For M42 , no need by pass thingy .....If M50 then need to do d by pass .......

As i said ....now ur main task is to find a non ews ecu ......check the chassis no stated at the ecu to confirm .....

Good luck ....

Top Bottom