M3CSL VS E55

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by RedZ4@Apr 26 2006, 12:41 PM
Calvin, I know power is nothing without handling.
I'm not a fan of Mercedes myself. I think their cars are a little too refined for my taste. The handling is alright but nothing in the sports cars territory. In fact, it barely makes the grades it in the sports sedan category.
I was simply stating that E55s are mean machines.
And as for it being better than the new M5, well, I don't know the exact facts. I just think in a straight line, and that is what most E55 and M5 buyers normally push the cars, its a close race. It is probably over 200 kph which we'll know which car will be faster.
I don't think Mercedes intended the E55 to be tailored for the extremely spirited driver. It more for those corporate executives that want some power for highway runs. At least this was what I encoutered on the few runs I had with the E55.

My preference is still Bimmers over Benzs simply cause it fits my taste and needs. Those automatic slush boxes can be a real bore to drive.

Oh wait, Calvin, just remembered. How about we do a highway run with your M3 vs. a buddy C32 AMG.
This ought to be a fun test and tune session to benefit the audience of this forum.
I've always wanted to get together some guys with similar cars from different manufactures for comparison. Anyone one wanna go up test against a Z4? :yes:
or maybe Airtrek? :yes:
Why not my E30 vs your E30?

Oooh... I think RedZ4's e30 is better balanced, though! Hahahaha!

Red, I'll pit my Forester agaisnt your Airtrek anyday!

Eh, Calv, take Kylie out for a little run agaisnt the AMG la!

Top Bottom