F10 M5 vs E60 M5

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
initialM;741558 said:
Bro,

U on normal mode or ///M mode?

My wife will hold my "gear" everytime i wanna rempit wt other cars....

" GEAR " Which one..jhhuhuh

i think you could have use the paddle shifter and use lower gears.. the V10 is high revving but from the vid you seem not to rev very high, i have no doubt on your ability though.

yes very sporting wife too

it was on M Drive (all max sport settings)...and manual shifting aka paddle shift or lever shift...the point is my goal was not to overtake the white beast but only to keep up and for other ///M owners with stock oil cooler, they would know that i was nursing the car to take care of the oil temperature...after 1 min of chasing the F10, oil temp was at 130c and i have to shift to higher gears when we caught up with traffic...and i just want to have some fun and not blowing up my engine...

that is one reason why i dont want to share in the first place...but when u share, some ppl have their own thought to download and share every where...cant ppl have some sense of respect and just view for their own benefits or otherwise but dont download and distribute???

okay i shall remove it and no more sharing such thing in future from me...so sorry for doing this...

thank you for viewing guys...

astroboy;741579 said:
Any1 downloaded the video and upload it once t2 removes it? :4:

Ah man. Lucky to have watched the video before it got removed.

Thanks for sharing T2. Your car sounded awesome. :adore:

t2ribena;741603 said:
that is one reason why i dont want to share in the first place...but when u share, some ppl have their own thought to download and share every where...cant ppl have some sense of respect and just view for their own benefits or otherwise but dont download and distribute???

okay i shall remove it and no more sharing such thing in future from me...

thank you for viewing guys...
sorry man, i know you don't want your privacy being invaded etc, but there are no plate number or faces that is visible in the video, so should be ok i guess..
i love to watch these kind of videos.. too bad for me then

thanks again for sharing your experience

t2ribena;740993 said:
On the way back from KT on Sunday after the awesome sailing event, I was heading towards Subang via NKVE, just before the Duta toll, one white F10 M5 was on my tail and I decided to let him pass (coz I know no way I can outrun this car). So after the toll, the white beast floored and I follow too...hehehe...so from duta toll to subang toll in less than 6min in moderate traffic...not a nice view and not very safe but it just have to happen coz both car driver on the same 'channel'...ahahahaha

all I can say is, the experience is like e90 325i (N52) vs 320i (N46)...the E60 M5 was smoked on the straight line...for cornering ability, it depends on driver so not the car...I believe the F10 M5 should have better handling with its clever electronics control on damping and differential...

I will post up the video after i upload it...but for a short while only...then I will remove it...:rock:

here's the video...

- video removed -

and from some info that I check... white beast belongs to Datuk K...

Bro, can send the video to me pls. thanks

Nice video ... and decent rempit. The best part is the motivating co-pilot that we dont see regularly . cheers and tq for sharing . Thats two mean beast .

t2ribena;741452 said:
one point to add...the F10 M5 does not have the significant beastly sound from the car and its just all quiet and fast...not a typical thing when considering all the previous M5 which has a unique beastly sound to its own...I have heard Ramsing's E34 M5 when running beside it, the sound it makes when the engine speed past 5000rpm is something very special...the E39 M5's V8 makes a deep growl when floored and its just beautiful to the ears and the E60 M5's V10 wailing is something very unique and special...all this enhance and burns the passion in the ///M ownership but the F10 M5 is one step into another direction which is still unknown...but the M division knows this so they fitted the car with the digitally synthesized engine sound through cars audio...

like when I first got the E60, i think it is a crap car...suspension too hard even u set it in comfort mode, too harsh, the SMG totally crap on low speed, rubbish low end torque...all this means nothing after it grows on you or i think its more like you grow on it...the later is more accurate coz the E60 is like more like an ex-murderer who you need to 'handle' it in order to live with it...you cannot hop on and do what you like but instead 'handle' it to do what you like...after that you become the ex-murdered too...hahahahaaha and the experience is just awesome and i find no words to describe it...it is not a car that wants to be driven when you are tired becoz it will just kill you...that's why i think the E60 is special...not for everyone...not everyone likes it...

regardless of that I still want that F10 M5 in the future...hehehe

Turbo charged cars will never have the NA high revving engine noise. One reason is because of the turbo which is using the exhaust gas to spool the inlet fan, and that will reduce the "sound" (acts like a muffler in a way).

The E60 M5 is a keeper, last of the NA Mohican and probably last time we see BMW making a V10 engine for a long long time.

F10 M5 is no doubt much faster, 4.4 liter with two turbines will be hard to beat. I suspect once it is modded this M5s will have supercars for breakfast.

ALBundy;744056 said:
Turbo charged cars will never have the NA high revving engine noise...

Waiting the arrival of Akrapovic Evolution exhaust... The sound of V8 e92 M3 with Akra is awesome, but lost that oomph when driving the M5. Hopefully the Akra with bring back some of the excitement.

But the way the speed built-up in the F10 M5 is very fast. In the M3 U can feel that U are picking-up the speed but in the F10 U won't realise the speed U already running, so smooth and 'quite'.

Very FAST.........!!!! Im going to try the same thing with a smaller car and make a research with my ( wifey ) co-pilot and see what she says or scream during the drive.

EPIC!!!! The low down torque of the F10M is spectacular BUT..... I'd have the V10 N/A over the V8 TT. Love the sound and it is the pinnacle of BMW road car engines. I doubt we will ever see another engine like that again.

That said, 500+ bhp is massive. The way you guys were passing the other cars like they were in reverse..... :top:

Top Bottom