M3CSL VS E55

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
It's not like you're going to get whipped by a Ferrari V12 and then say; "Oh, he got 12 cylinders, I only got 6, so it's OK." Hello...?

damn... somebody saw the german lumba haram... i tot it was hush hush...

and who was that who said my car does not have a carbon fibre roof... mau lawan kah??

story was... i was coming down lebuh raya mahameru to get onto jalan duta heading towards hartamas... came over to the exit onto duta... loads of rempits... saw HIDs in my rear view mirror... saw i tot it was a brabus K4 or D4 or what eva those useless merc manufacturers and modders call their cars... when we got onto jalan duta... i was on third and he was tailing me... so me being the silly person tarik on 3rd instead of downshifting to second (takut my gearbox tinggal gigi)... he was still behind me... when i shifted to foourth then i pulled away a little... took a glance at my rear view mirror and saw twin fog lights at the bottom... at that moment in time i knew it was a big mistake... i must say... the merc AMGs are good cars... but if not for my cousin sitting next to me saying "wooii woiii" i could have stuck right behind him... i know these are all excuses... but heck that guy had an M3 before... i though i better make him feel better by selling it and splurging on the E55... 5.5 litres...

anyways... see yas laters... and JEJAI is it??... A** 3... biler nak shoot out again?

Don't be surprised that one day you and Azzy'sCSL bump into bmwsideway's E36 318i at the lights and then tell us the outcome hehe... It should be quite a sight to see the 318i show a clean pair of heels to the CSL and give the GT3 a good run for the $$$ :p *cabuts*

Originally posted by E46Fanatic@Apr 17 2006, 10:50 PM
Don't be surprised that one day you and Azzy'sCSL bump into bmwsideway's E36 318i at the lights and then tell us the outcome hehe... It should be quite a sight to see the 318i show a clean pair of heels to the CSL and give the GT3 a good run for the $$$ :p *cabuts*
wah.. stock car vs modded.. where can.. :D even a modded satria can beat a ferrari in quarter mile.. hehe

necc, i heard gemballa can tune ur car, for 600k!!! crazy!! and u might still lose to a satria.. :ph34r: when people ask me how fast my car is, i always tell them, there are a lot of faster cars than mine..

moral of the story :
no matter how fast our car is, there'd always be other faster ones.. it's not always about having the fastest car u know.. :yes:

Of course it's not about having the fastest car la. It's about having cars of roughly similar capabilites to run with. If not, it gets boring.

Gemballa ain't that great a tuner, BTW, Cargraphic, Manthey and RUF, those are the good ones.

that one is true.. it's very 'interesting' to run with cars of similar capabilities.. it'd be satisfying when i wave at the other car and get a thumbs-up before we go our separate way.. :yes:

other better tuners? sure man.. i've only heard bout manthey and ruf though.. but at 600k? wah, i heard that i wanna faint.. :blink:

Think I saw the same Merc E55 on NKVE yesterday evening.... A** 3 izzit? Was going real slow on the left lane due to heavy traffic. Wicked car....

Originally posted by The Necessary@Apr 18 2006, 10:10 AM
*Sigh*, how come I never meet anything more interesting than Wiralutions and VR4 SGTIs on my midnight runs?
And just when you bump into a Ferrari, you're driving the wrong car!

Originally posted by azzy-CSL-wuzzy@Apr 17 2006, 07:32 PM
damn... somebody saw the german lumba haram... i tot it was hush hush...

and who was that who said my car does not have a carbon fibre roof... mau lawan kah??

story was... i was coming down lebuh raya mahameru to get onto jalan duta heading towards hartamas... came over to the exit onto duta... loads of rempits... saw HIDs in my rear view mirror... saw i tot it was a brabus K4 or D4 or what eva those useless merc manufacturers and modders call their cars... when we got onto jalan duta... i was on third and he was tailing me... so me being the silly person tarik on 3rd instead of downshifting to second (takut my gearbox tinggal gigi)... he was still behind me... when i shifted to foourth then i pulled away a little... took a glance at my rear view mirror and saw twin fog lights at the bottom... at that moment in time i knew it was a big mistake... i must say... the merc AMGs are good cars... but if not for my cousin sitting next to me saying "wooii woiii" i could have stuck right behind him... i know these are all excuses... but heck that guy had an M3 before... i though i better make him feel better by selling it and splurging on the E55... 5.5 litres...

anyways... see yas laters... and JEJAI is it??... A** 3... biler nak shoot out again?
bro, i heard his story differently.. :D however, he said your csl sounded great, downshifting.. pang! pang! double downshifting eh? your csl is faster than normal m3's, but the amgs are of different league lah.. :cry:

Originally posted by The Necessary@Apr 18 2006, 10:10 AM
*Sigh*, how come I never meet anything more interesting than Wiralutions and VR4 SGTIs on my midnight runs?
Uh, cos you lowered your standards? :p

the A** 3 tu...very familiar...

i know the real owner as she is my dealer...

very pleasant lady.

i think it must be the son kot drove the car...

Originally posted by The Necessary@Apr 26 2006, 11:18 AM
Nah, cos all the guys with nice cars don't take them out to play!
hey this is very true. Cause those wiralution and satrialutions pose a threat to higher end cars. They are relentless in their persuit to overtake and beat faster cars to prove that their endless amounts of modifications will ultimately be faster.

Oh and sticking with this tread's context, I would like to add that an E55 AMG is extremely fast. Even faster than the most M cars on the highways. Even the mighty M5 will find it hard to pass the E55. (and I'm talking about the new M5).

Calvin, I know power is nothing without handling.
I'm not a fan of Mercedes myself. I think their cars are a little too refined for my taste. The handling is alright but nothing in the sports cars territory. In fact, it barely makes the grades it in the sports sedan category.
I was simply stating that E55s are mean machines.
And as for it being better than the new M5, well, I don't know the exact facts. I just think in a straight line, and that is what most E55 and M5 buyers normally push the cars, its a close race. It is probably over 200 kph which we'll know which car will be faster.
I don't think Mercedes intended the E55 to be tailored for the extremely spirited driver. It more for those corporate executives that want some power for highway runs. At least this was what I encoutered on the few runs I had with the E55.

My preference is still Bimmers over Benzs simply cause it fits my taste and needs. Those automatic slush boxes can be a real bore to drive.

Oh wait, Calvin, just remembered. How about we do a highway run with your M3 vs. a buddy C32 AMG.
This ought to be a fun test and tune session to benefit the audience of this forum.
I've always wanted to get together some guys with similar cars from different manufactures for comparison. Anyone one wanna go up test against a Z4? :yes:
or maybe Airtrek? :yes:

Top Bottom