m20b25 Turbo

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ritdijkit!

Club Guest
Hello guys!...im a newbie here.....Yes,yes ive already introduced myself at the newbie section........im driving an e30 325 coupe year 1984...The car have been with me for a long time but only now im using it as a daily driver......Its now sitting at the workshop because some rust needs to be taken care of.........The car is not in perfect condition..........needs some bodywork,engine temperature problem,AIR HUJAN MASUK!,and a whole lot more.......well,ill just let the mechanic worry about that...Once its in good condition im planning to turbocharge it.....My budget around RM 1000.......Any sifu's here that could give me some suggestion??...Im not expecting much,around 20-30% power gain.......heres the lay out.......im planning to use chop shop parts......TD04 turbine....boost around 0.2-0.3 bar(not planning to lower the compression)......I have a piggyback ecu(safc) from my previous modding life but not sure whether it is compatible with the bimmer....intercooler(a small one,something from a 4g93t)...........So,what i dont have is an exhaust manifold(which i think needs to be custom made to the turbine,Anyone knows where to do it and roughly how much it would cost?) and the piping(not worrying too much about that as a lot of shops can make that...............I need feedbacks from sifu's out there and NO,engine transplant is not an option!.....So any comments or suggestion are welcom...Thanking you in advance.....

Dude, RM1000 is NOT enough to turbocharge any engine. First up, the TD04 will cost you about RM300, the intercooler another RM300, which leaves you RM400 balance. Fabricating a 6 cylinder manifold will cost you upwards of RM1000. And that's not yet including labour of installation. You'll also need to fabricate your intercooler piping, another RM1000 or so.

You've also left out that you'll need to connect oil and water lines for your turbo, which means fabricating all the associated plumbing, and machining the engine block to accept all that plumbing.

Being real, the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM you might spend to turbocharge an engine is about RM5000. That's getting it done on the cheap. To do a real good job, expect to spend closer to 10k

Yeah bro, RM1000 will not get anything done. Unless you install Surbo...google it. :D

Realistically, have a budget of about 8 to 10k. You can have a turbo kit for 5k, but you get what you paid for.

Top Bottom