m20 question

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jon3171

Club Guest
hi there, i need some advice as im considering upgrading my m20b25 jap spec....i understand that this engine comes with low compression pistons...what are my options if i want to use higher compression pistons? maybe something from another car which would work? m30 or m50 pistons perhaps? appreciate any advice from the m20 experts out there. thanks!

Visit Bluegreen along the federal highway, they're experts on E34.

source for;
1)2.7 con rods and crank
2)2.5, 24 valves pistons
3)S series 3.0 crank for higher stroke
4)piggy bag,any brand

fastest way go transplant, choose whatever engine series u like..........

hey thanks for the info...since u mentioned piggy back...do u know if something like haltech or any piggy back can make the m20 run on a map sensor instead of afm?

Play stock is the best. Get the any M20B25 Motronic (173) Version 1.3. No headache.

I guess you must be driving a B20 and B23 which runs on older engine management Bosch L Jetronics. BMW refines and optimized the later version of M20B25 with better engine management Bosch Motronics V1.1 til 87 and later V1.3. Nothing will go wrong,I;ve tried and I tell you bro...if you listen to some of the driver who thinks they are better then BMW engineers..? Well,get ready to spend more time in workshop then driving the pleasure of E30.

Oh yeah..the ETA 2.7 good?Torquey good..? Yes. Some say good,I say..I need that extra revs.

Cheers

AFM(Air Flow Meter) older mechanical version, MAF( Mass Air Flow) like plastic tube with sensors. Of coures MAF is better,too bad,it's BMW engineer didn't designed it during E30 era.
jon3171;654501 said:
whats the difference between that and what i have now? is it MAF type?

my car is e34 m20b25...so i think its already motronic...though im not sure of the version...its using afm type.

Zoggee;654665 said:
AFM(Air Flow Meter) older mechanical version, MAF( Mass Air Flow) like plastic tube with sensors. Of coures MAF is better,too bad,it's BMW engineer didn't designed it during E30 era.

yalo...afm damn sien, hard to do heel and toe (to me)...unlike MAF, so syiok...

Top Bottom