M vs jdm

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

deepstrikerz

Club Guest
Hi all, we all know that M car outbeat most JDM on highway easily(except those been extremely modded) but when come to mountain sprint JDM will always smoke M car easily. The verdict will be is M are as good as it brochured or marketed? With experts claimed M are meant for both highway and mountain course. If not, has any M owners attempt in resolving this weaknesses, and of course your experience and comment are most welcome to fill in this topic.

Mountain courses are best suited for 4WD, high ground clearance, 4 wheel tranction while the tarmac road cars are designed low to improve handling, RWD for efficiency.

Ask yourself these questions:

"What will happen if you bring an F1 car, with stock standard slicks rubber to a mountain course?"

"Why are human being walking and running using posterior limbs and not 4 limbs as mountain animals?"

With the same analogy,

4WD = Animal
RWD = Civilised
FWD = Our tree swinging cousins.. :p

astroboy;411145 said:
Mountain courses are best suited for 4WD, high ground clearance, 4 wheel tranction while the tarmac road cars are designed low to improve handling, RWD for efficiency.

Ask yourself these questions:

"What will happen if you bring an F1 car, with stock standard slicks rubber to a mountain course?"

"Why are human being walking and running using posterior limbs and not 4 limbs as mountain animals?"

With the same analogy,

4WD = Animal
RWD = Civilised
FWD = Our tree swinging cousins.. :p

Bro I think what he mean by mountain sprint is those Initial D style touge :love:

OOo.... yah ka... soli.. :p

If Initial D style touge, chassis balance is very important wat, that's why the AE86 can do so well in the legend because its 50/50 weight distribution as well, just like BMWs.

Still remember the days when Batu Tiga track was used for racing, seeing the Calsonic R33s show off on the track is really awesome... but they always finish behind the E36 Ms.. :wink: No problem ma?!

Of course, lighter cars and AWD cars will have advantage in mountain sprint..

lol, looks like each will have it's own perks over another. As M owner have u guys seen any mods on M5 been done locally? I'm looking forward to see what Sort of mods have been done so far?

Free Gift Guarantte for New Year 2009

welcome visit www.wendyluxury.comWe have over 4000 new year product for your friend,love and familywe have over 9000 kinds of best quality product for you to chooseMain brand is lv gucci hermes dior chloe chanel ysl mulberry replica handbags purse wallets jewerly we can accept paypal,visa card,master card,JCB and american express...Now free chanel necklace on any order!!Choose the best products for who you care most
wendyluxury_com.gif
web: www.wendyluxury.comMSN: wentingt@hotmail.comE-mail: sale@wendyluxury.comTEL: 1-347-410-9089
fake handbags , replica Louis Vuitton , replica Gucci purses,fake designer handbags ,Chanel inspired handbags ,replica purses ,replica Chanel handbag,fake Gucci bags,Chanel inspired handbags,replica Chanel handbag,replica hermes handbag,replica PRADA handbag,replica CHLOE handbag

The R34 is pulling away damn fast in front of the grandstand.. our M3 driver also laugh seeing that... no match!

It would be helpful if you were more specific about particular cars rather than just JDM and M as it is really a huge range.

But generally speaking M cars have no problems with mountain courses, but their drivers may :wink: It's much more challenging to drive a high powered RWD near the limit as you have to control the oversteer when putting the power down.

Most JDMs these days are FWD or AWD which are a lot easier to drive quickly for an average driver. Especially when exiting turns.

On something like a mountain course where you can easily die if you mess up, I'd imagine your average M driver will play it a bit too cautious exiting the turns, especially since they may not have the skill level to handle the back stepping out. This translates into a lot of lost time and advantage to the JDM.

it's about the driver, not the car. :). so, even if it's FWD, RWD or 4WD. it all depends in the driver knows his lines, his braking point and to handle the car effectively.

but on twisting bend, the RWD will be more fetish and those whol lives in corners or sideways, will be having fun.

hahaha... no need M cars to play with JDM on mountain passes.. just take a souped up E30...

cempaka;422037 said:
But generally speaking M cars have no problems with mountain courses, but their drivers may :wink: It's much more challenging to drive a high powered RWD near the limit as you have to control the oversteer when putting the power down.

No problem, leave the DSC on.. :wink: FWD will suffer understeer big time, be it braking in or powering out of turns and u can tiong them kao kao. :wink:

DSC should be left ON for daily regular driving.
When out in the track, or twisting bend as mentioned, I prefered to have it turn off.
So driver can predict and anticipate the limit of tires and tractions without the aids of DSC.
It will be more dangerous with DSC on. You could just spun out without warning when you pass the threshold of DSC.

turbology;422261 said:
When out in the track, or twisting bend as mentioned, I prefered to have it turn off.
So driver can predict and anticipate the limit of tires and tractions without the aids of DSC.
It will be more dangerous with DSC on. You could just spun out without warning when you pass the threshold of DSC.

happened to me many times.. but only ASC for me... :rolleyes:

DSC or ASC : to provide traction control. Just different method & technology. Glad my 325 doesn't have it :D
I wish BMW will give sensitivity control for ABS, or aftermarket one...

wow!! enjoyed lookin' at Adam's video of his HPC run..looks like the North track.I've only ever driven the South track,awesome stuff.Kinda like the part where he overtook the GT-R just before the tight righthander..obviously the GT-R was faster on the front straight but I guess the driver was not up to par.

Kinda cool to have an M to take to the track.. a CSL at that.I've only ever driven there in a JDM,my Impreza STi to be exact.Awesome stuff,but would love to be able to take a BMW and trash it..maybe I will,with my e60.

turbology;422261 said:

Actually, it's safer to have DSC ON at all times.

Now the newer BMWs' have DTC function as well, which gives the driver more freedom to have a greater wheel slip angle before the electronics start to intervene. With DTC switched on, I have no problems getting into a power steer situation at Turn 2, Turn 6 and 15 in Sepang.

It is more dangerous withOUT DSC on, if you have driven extensively with and without DSC at Sepang. I have seen cars went out of the track in Turn 4 (understeer), Turn 5 (understeer), Turn 6 (oversteer) and even Turn 8 (oversteer) just to name a few. With DSC, you have a safety net, the electronics will actually reduce engine power before applying individual brake depending on the situation, and in some cases the electronics will even accelerate the car, a fact not known to many!

As for ///M versus JDM, the beauty about a ///M is its versatility. If you set everything to normal/comfort mode, it will drive like a 330 on the road. You can go fine dining with your loved one or clubbing with your partner BUT once you press the M Button the car is transformed into something else altogether.

Cheers

ALBundy;437212 said:
Actually, it's safer to have DSC ON at all times.

As for ///M versus JDM, the beauty about a ///M is its versatility. If you set everything to normal/comfort mode, it will drive like a 330 on the road. You can go fine dining with your loved one or clubbing with your partner BUT once you press the M Button the car is transformed into something else altogether.

Cheers

well said..can't agree more:top:

bmyotaE36jz;437267 said:
BMW ///M for tuxedo and bow tie, JDM for shorts and baseball cap worn the other way round.

...or..bmw///M -James Bond, JDM- Rambo..ha ha..

Top Bottom