Lost the only key - consequenses

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shiva73

Club Guest
Gents...What will be the consequenses if we lost the only key that we have ? How to start the car or even do a new key? Just some junkies for the brain to much .

Declare lost of car to the insurance and claim total lost.. if they reject your claim, ask them to get u a key.. losing your 55% NCB is a cheaper alternative.. :4:

Tow your car home, go to AB to order new key(s), wait few weeks for new key to arrive

i think AB have this service where if you lost your key or something happened while youre out on the road.they can come and open the door/starts for you

bukanmain;668334 said:
i think AB have this service where if you lost your key or something happened while youre out on the road.they can come and open the door/starts for you

Bro .. if this service exist, then i think it would be for the car which is registered with AB , recon - sure tak di layan.

But again , did anyone have tried cloning the key ( just the key ) and start the car? without the chip .

Time to look for bro Tweeiboon now. Wonder what is going on with his research .

I don't think you can start the car without the chip right as it's part os the immobilizer circuit.

I have to make a spare key soon for my '05 E60 523i UK spec, now just one key left (diamond key) as wife was robbed before hari raya and lost her handbag with car keys inside...(thank god the thief didn't take the car as he didn't know where the car was)

any suggestions where to make and how much...

TheTaj;668550 said:
I have to make a spare key soon for my '05 E60 523i UK spec, now just one key left (diamond key) as wife was robbed before hari raya and lost her handbag with car keys inside...(thank god the thief didn't take the car as he didn't know where the car was)

any suggestions where to make and how much...

Sorry to hear that bro . I think the cost for duplicating the key now will be much cheaper than doing it once we lost it.

shiva73;668348 said:
But again , did anyone have tried cloning the key ( just the key ) and start the car? without the chip .

Time to look for bro Tweeiboon now. Wonder what is going on with his research .

For CAS,
My research can say is done. Now just only wait the factory to produce the machine that i want. But until now the factory still not able to sell out the product due to some failure. This machine can plug into the car directly and clone the chip but must have the key to on the ignition first. So if you guys really scared lost the key then better buy a new blank key and duplicated the key thread first. Or you can straight away to make the wallet key first.

For EWS
Need to unplug the EWS from the car then my current machine connect to the EWS and clone the chips. I dont know locksmith how to make the BMW key which using EWS. As i know BMW EWS chips cannot duplicate directly from the master chips.

Top Bottom