london trip

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hi all...

just back home last night.

was stayed in Nottingham at my bro house.

went to scottland nd stayed there for few nights. all i can say is Scott really superb... lots of castles everywhere...

And went to london for 2 nights. not that impressive as Scottland. even there're historical places but its look more towards bust city, lots of asian. they are everywhere in london like at fast food, hotels, stores, bank etc.

the castles are very beautifull and unbelivable. lots of beautifull buildings.
Also lots of TWIN TOWERS hahahahahaha

st paul church, eye of london (big wheel) , and tower bridge was nice. got visit the bridge engine room and chance to see it operate. War museum was too good. weapons, tanks, plane and other gadgets used in WW I and II are there.

not enought days to visit more places.

cars:-

as i noticed 70% of cars there are from Vauxhall (opel).
saw not more than 10units bmw e30. most of them are cabrio. but new bmw, merc, audi and other conti vehicles are everywhere.
and i dont undersatand why there are more manual trans cars. Even some conti cars availabe in manual. i was shocked when saw peugeot 407, bmw e60, jaguar x350 and some new merc in manual trans.
more of hatchback compare to sedan. saw one ford model KA which smaller thn kancil. and lots of station wagons too.

i was driving my bro's colleague car, 1.2 vouxhall corsa.
as some members here adviced, malaysian license is accepted, ther're very particular about road rules. i was driving like "L" plate following every single road rules. they're giving more priority for pedestrians. speed camera's everywhere.

at scottland and nottingham i didnt saw any small bikes. only very few big bikes. but saw some scooters at london city.

some pic for view pleasure

hi all...

just back home last night.

was stayed in Nottingham at my bro house.

on the way to scottView attachment 15566
went to scottland nd stayed there for few nights. all i can say is Scott really superb... lots of castles everywhere...

View attachment 15565

And went to london for 2 nights. not that impressive as Scottland. even there're historical places but its look more towards bust city, lots of asian. they are everywhere in london like at fast food, hotels, stores, bank etc.

the castles are very beautifull and unbelivable. lots of beautifull buildings.
Also lots of TWIN TOWERS hahahahahaha

st paul church, eye of london (big wheel) , and tower bridge was nice. got visit the bridge engine room and chance to see it operate. War museum was too good. weapons, tanks, plane and other gadgets used in WW I and II are there.

not enought days to visit more places.

subaru in the houseView attachment 15567

cars:-

as i noticed 70% of cars there are from Vauxhall (opel).
saw not more than 10units bmw e30. most of them are cabrio. but new bmw, merc, audi and other conti vehicles are everywhere.
and i dont undersatand why there are more manual trans cars. Even some conti cars availabe in manual. i was shocked when saw peugeot 407, bmw e60, jaguar x350 and some new merc in manual trans.
more of hatchback compare to sedan. saw one ford model KA which smaller thn kancil. and lots of station wagons too.

i was driving my bro's colleague car, 1.2 vouxhall corsa.
as some members here adviced, malaysian license is accepted, ther're very particular about road rules. i was driving like "L" plate following every single road rules. they're giving more priority for pedestrians. speed camera's everywhere.

at scottland and nottingham i didnt saw any small bikes. only very few big bikes. but saw some scooters at london city.

some pic for view pleasure

Bro I disagree when u say there are 70% Vauxhall on the road. There's no single manufacturer that you can point out on the road to be of high percentage/majority. Every brand everywhere but no single one could be as high or near 70%. I've been in UK for 7 years and I've been staring at cars every day that I'm out.

Yes most cars are manual, its hard to get an auto sometimes. Most Malaysian normally buy cars in the region of £500-£1500 as a cheap runaround and most of them would be manual. A lot of BMWs, Mercs, Jags and Audis are normally specced as a manual when new, even now. I think its because the traffic is not as bad as we have in Malaysia, very seldom that you would have a non-moving traffic. Slow traffic is common. So they don't really need an auto anyway.

As for bikes, normally in the winter they normally have to wear full leather suit and full face helmet because of the cold weather. Probably too much to bother if you are only riding kapchais. If you get motorcycle licence, you are only allowed to ride mopeds for the first three years before you are allowed to ride motorbikes. And mopeds aren't allowed to go on motorway either.

I dont think Ford KA is smaller than a Kancil though. Daewoo/Chevrolet Matiz is.

bro......in europe and UK, its more common for manual. Even at car hire, UNLESS u specify you want auto, its assumed manual is what you need.

Only in Asia, most cars are autos.....are we less able to handle manuals? CHEH! ( no sure about USA...)

Anyhow, glad u like ur UK trip.

haywire;560103 said:
I dont think Ford KA is smaller than a Kancil though. Daewoo/Chevrolet Matiz is.

Ford KA is NOT SMALLER than Kancil - at least the one I hired in Germany. It's sized like a KELISA, as my memory goes. Top speed....170kph downhill assisted. :eek:

haywire;560103 said:
Bro I disagree when u say there are 70% Vauxhall on the road. There's no single manufacturer that you can point out on the road to be of high percentage/majority. Every brand everywhere but no single one could be as high or near 70%. I've been in UK for 7 years and I've been staring at cars every day that I'm out.
you may right bro, maybe i was too excited noticing vauxhall only. my bro also told me the same just now. sorry guys to give wrong info. 1000 apologies

Yes most cars are manual, its hard to get an auto sometimes. Most Malaysian normally buy cars in the region of £500-£1500 as a cheap runaround and most of them would be manual. A lot of BMWs, Mercs, Jags and Audis are normally specced as a manual when new, even now. I think its because the traffic is not as bad as we have in Malaysia, very seldom that you would have a non-moving traffic. Slow traffic is common. So they don't really need an auto anyway.
yes, traffic much more better thn malaysia

As for bikes, normally in the winter they normally have to wear full leather suit and full face helmet because of the cold weather. Probably too much to bother if you are only riding kapchais. If you get motorcycle licence, you are only allowed to ride mopeds for the first three years before you are allowed to ride motorbikes. And mopeds aren't allowed to go on motorway either.

really. but it look like smaller thn kancil. i was supposed to rent that car but my bro's friend borrowed me his car

Jules;560247 said:
Ford KA is NOT SMALLER than Kancil - at least the one I hired in Germany. It's sized like a KELISA, as my memory goes. Top speed....170kph downhill assisted. :eek:

170km/h?????? my god!!!!

the vouxhall corsa 1.2L can goes up to 178kph. pick up also doesn't feel like 1.2L

Glad you enjoyed your trip, bro.

Most cars in UK are manual because of high petrol prices (over 1 pound per iiter) and the road design. They have so many tight roundabouts and junctions, you really need the better acceleration for the small engined cars. Most cars aren't even available with automatic option until above 2.5 liters or so, but they are quite common in the luxury segment. So funny cause sometimes brits go abroad and actually have trouble using an automatic cause theyve never used one.

USA is all automatics except some of the sports cars and the bottom spec cars.

cempaka;561727 said:
Glad you enjoyed your trip, bro.

Most cars in UK are manual because of high petrol prices (over 1 pound per iiter) and the road design. They have so many tight roundabouts and junctions, you really need the better acceleration for the small engined cars. Most cars aren't even available with automatic option until above 2.5 liters or so, but they are quite common in the luxury segment. So funny cause sometimes brits go abroad and actually have trouble using an automatic cause theyve never used one.

USA is all automatics except some of the sports cars and the bottom spec cars.

I agree with all of above except for the petrol bit. I dont think that have anything to do with the manual option. when I first came to UK in 2003 petrol was around 60-70p and there's still more manual cars around.

I think its probably just down to their own preferences and also requirements (in which they dont require autos as much as we do).

60-70p back then was still quite expensive though compared to the countries that favor automatics, more than double the price in USA that time for instance. Historically their petrol prices have always been among the highest in the world, I remember being in London in the 90s and already thinking god their petrol prices are insane, now look at them lol and probably going up again soon. :motz:

It may not be the sole factor but I do think it contributes to their mindset. Which can be a bit peculiar at times. Like how so many of them love to pay extra for diesel models even though many of them never do the mileage needed to justify it.

Top Bottom