Logic7 on 523i SE

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

roksancaspian74

Club Guest
Hi all Sifu out there, just bought a new AB 523i SE loaded with logic7. However, i'm rather disappointed with the sound quality. I am very much into good quality music and i do have tube amp setup in my house. I am thinking of making some modification to the system but too afraid to accidentally touch any of the wiring. has anyone made any mod on the logic7. by the way, is BMW using harmon kardon? why not they stick to blaupunkt??

agree with u bro. i've heard in 5 series, sound not so impressive. Bose fitted in audi much better than logic7.
got to upgrade ur system with blaupunckt as head unit then fit 'in phase' system for 2 ampli, subwoofer, and all speakers.
then only u can enjoy the real music.

roksancaspian74;429150 said:
Hi all Sifu out there,
just bought a new AB 523i SE loaded with logic7. However, i'm rather disappointed with the sound quality. I am very much into good quality music and i do have tube amp setup in my house. I am thinking of making some modification to the system but too afraid to accidentally touch any of the wiring.
has anyone made any mod on the logic7. by the way, is BMW using harmon kardon? why not they stick to blaupunkt??

i don't think the 523i comes with the Logic 7..it is just the normal sound system or Hi-Fi nia...coz the 525 sport also dun have...only the 530i got Logic 7...did you spec this in as part of optional accessories when u buy the 523 SE?

for BMW they are using Harmon Becker brand...this is not a bad brand when u compare to the Blaupunkt...:top:

mine 530d CBU has very good sound system till I dont feel like to upgrade it...

yeah, I agree with t2ribena... coz 523 doesn't come with Logic 7 unless you are willing to pay extra to fit in the sound system which is so darn expensive!!!
Logic 7 is normally available in higher specs E60 such as 530, 545 or 5-Series Individual

Oh. then i might got it wrong. It was stated that it comes with 10 speaker. that's why i thought it's logic7. by the way, the manual is so confusing and i'm not really what are the features that's on my car and which is not...

i thought that if it comes with 10 speaker, it's the premium version, is it not??

Check your Idrive. Logic7 will have an equalizer and also a selection for surround modes. BTW, Logic7 is a trademark owned by Lexikon, which is under the Harman brand. (from the manual)

contrail;429413 said:
Check your Idrive. Logic7 will have an equalizer and also a selection for surround modes. BTW, Logic7 is a trademark owned by Lexikon, which is under the Harman brand. (from the manual)

oh. thks. there's no equalizer and surround on my i-drive...too bad.

Then yours is normal 10-speaker system... if you prefer good quality sound system, you can always add high-end amplifier and surround speakers to boost the performance :top: Not many places know how to fit BMW's sound system though... if you are interested, pls PM me and I will give you a few places that you can go to :D

Yep. it's the normal 10 speaker system. But i really can't imagine the sound quality of these '10' speakers !! it is bad!!

for a premium car like this, why can't BMW give a better system? lexus has mark levinson, audi has bose... may be they should look into brand name like mackintosh, krell, jadis, conrad johnson .... but harmon kardon. oh my god.

for those who are not so well verse with hifi or audiophiles, mark levinson, bose and those brands that i mentioned are like lifestyle, premium brand, equivalent to merc, bmw, posche. but harmon kardon in the eye of audiophile....oh. it's like sony or panasonic. or equivalent to honda? nissan? hope u got what i mean :)

roksancaspian74;429491 said:
Yep. it's the normal 10 speaker system. But i really can't imagine the sound quality of these '10' speakers !! it is bad!!

for a premium car like this, why can't BMW give a better system? lexus has mark levinson, audi has bose... may be they should look into brand name like mackintosh, krell, jadis, conrad johnson .... but harmon kardon. oh my god.

for those who are not so well verse with hifi or audiophiles, mark levinson, bose and those brands that i mentioned are like lifestyle, premium brand, equivalent to merc, bmw, posche. but harmon kardon in the eye of audiophile....oh. it's like sony or panasonic. or equivalent to honda? nissan? hope u got what i mean :)
Our blue propeller is nof famous wif sound system. However, at least E9x & E8x owner got Alpine upgrade kit.

I just got a 530 cbu manufactured 04 and registered 05.The sound system is terrible to say the least.My rm10 radio sounds better..seriously..what to do la?

Top Bottom