Lexus RX300

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

beemaro

Club Guest
Anyone has ownership experience of Lexus RX300 (SUV) ? Understand that fuel consumption is high ?

It's huge isn't it? Should be quite good value for money and loads of 'em around now. I wonder if it's still hot item for car-jacks?

Well.. i thought the consumption of the RX330, the newer Harrier is relatively low..

In my opinion at least.

We have a 99 Toyota Prado with a 2.7l Petrol engine for work that consumes more gas than our RX330..

The RX330 is 3.3 litres or 3.2 i think and its automatic. The Prado is manual..

Given that, i thought the RX330 was pretty fuel efficient.. and possibly likewise the RX300 as well?

The Harrier is one of the best cars that I have driven. I had had two units with the last unit stolen at Centrepoint BU :( Go for it. Won't regret it.

Guys,

1. Thks for advise. Reluctantly changing from TT to this new Lexus RX300 (2996 cc) as it is more practical for work esp to ferry visitiors. Really, wanted to get the 320 but boot not big enough for 3 or 4 golf bags.

2. BTY, how much is this Lexus (RX300) in KL now?

3. X5 is just way off in pricing but drives much better. X3 -small and plastic feel.

Fuhrer,

Will check out. New one looks good.

But previous Land Rover/Range Rover history not so good.

Big depreciation.

Originally posted by beemaro@May 17 2005, 10:53 PM
Guys,

1. Thks for advise. Reluctantly changing from TT to this new Lexus RX300 (2996 cc) as it is more practical for work esp to ferry visitiors. Really, wanted to get the 320 but boot not big enough for 3 or 4 golf bags.

2. BTY, how much is this Lexus (RX300) in KL now?

3. X5 is just way off in pricing but drives much better. X3 -small and plastic feel.
Here's what I would like to add. Well from my experience of having both the cars in the family when I was back in US. I find that the RX300 rides more like a car as compared to the X5 which is a little harsher. The RX has a quieter engine/better insulated feel when you're in the cabin but lacks room. The X5 doors are much heavier than the RX but produces a nice/solid closing sound. Both of the cars are nicely built without any sort of cabin noise/rattles during driving. Wind noise are also minimal if you ask me.

The RX300 rolls but has a lot of grip so you will learn to live and bash the hell out of the car. Buy Buy Buy

Forgot to mention. Don't bother with the 4WD versions. Just get the 3.0 FWD. It's a real banger. Can wheel spin in 1st gear easily.

Many tks guys. Yeap, the RX 300 rolls but feels more like car. X5 more aggressive feeling. Anyway, cant compare anymore coz no budget allocated for buying one.

I have sat in the Cayenne actually X 5 still feels better unless u get the turbo version which is FAST.

Already bought the RX 300 Lexus. Anyway, do u know how much is same model in Msia?

Now, I have all the space in the world but I will miss the attention driving the black TT :))

My heart still goes to the new 320 of course besides my TT !! Its pretty and BMW has done well. But they shud have put the 325 specs into 320 then definetely be best seller.

Top Bottom