Leather Treatment/Restoration?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Bro k3nny,
I'm using RedWing product. My leather reclining sofa, my MPV seats look great with RedWing oil. It have mink oil ingredient to soften the leather preventing them from cracking. My friends offshore at oilrig used Redwing on their safety boot. Toxic and acidic substances not able to absord into our safety boot. If you at Johor Baru you can get Redwing product at Giant Plentong and if you are from KL you can get them and RedWing agent at Shah Alam. They also selling other product of Redwing, coverall, jeans, safety boot among others. Try sufr the net to see more of their leather preservation product.

Happy searching.

I second the leatherique....

All things aside, I have to say that BMW leather really sucks. It doesn't age well, prone to wear, wrinkling and tear.

KL2DC said:
I second the leatherique....

All things aside, I have to say that BMW leather really sucks. It doesn't age well, prone to wear, wrinkling and tear.

Yes, you maybe right! BMW leather that comes from Germany as a factory option does not last long due to the fact that the leather is not suitable for our intense hot and humid climate caused by no UV protection. It is also the same for other conti marques like Benz, Jaguars, big Fords etc.

Leather sold here even if it's from Italy and Germany has got a layer of specially treated UV protection which helps maintain the leather for much longer periods.

Applying

ccr20020301lp_01.jpg

First, the upholstery should be clean, cool and dry. Some leather preservers have mild cleaning agents, but spots and grime should first be attacked with the proper product.

Unfortunately, cows aren't privy to modern advances in cosmetics technology. If they were, leather upholstery might look like the top of a tom-tom drum and be as smooth as Joan Rivers' cheeks. Instead, leather-preserver products function as kind of youth serum for upscale upholstery. While these dressings don't act like Botox for seat coverings, they will slow down the clock and keep leather upholstery looking and feeling its best longer.

Cleaning leather upholstery is covered elsewhere on this site. Obviously, the surface should be cleaned before it can be preserved/protected. But don't get frustrated if the upholstery won't come squeaky-clean: Cows tend to roll in dirt, which becomes deeply imbedded in their hides. The industry term for this perma-dirt is "patina."

Preserving

ccr20020301lp_02.jpg

Apply the preserver to a clean, soft terrycloth towel. Generously but gently massage the product into the leather. Let the dressing penetrate for a few minutes, then buff with a clean towel.

leahter polish with johnson baby oil

Hi mates...for those who have tried the above method..any comments, are you guys satisfied....thank you

mine like burung kakak tua, tinggal gigi dua already....

using kura-kura product keeps it soft and shinny .. nice ;)

RE: Leather Treatment/Restoration?

The rigidity of the gelatin gel is directly related to its proline and hydroxyproline content. Accordingly,extraction methods, from various gelatin sources, must preserve some measure of the proline and hydroxyproline content in order to produce gelatin with acceptable Bloom strength levels.

================

Angelinjones

Consumer generated media

Top Bottom