Leather Treatment/Restoration?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

k3nny

Club Guest
Hi,Our car is almost knocking onto 5 years old now and the leather is starting to show signs of age like scuffs and scratches and general age.I was wondering if there was a place i could go to get the leather treated or reconditioned just to maybe prolong its life a lil longer or to have it look better for awhile more?What are my options here?Thanks a bunch..

Use Leatherique!
It's one of the best!
It's a 2 step process,but it's worth it....
It will clean and recondition your leather like nothing else

Originally posted by scin@Dec 17 2005, 08:12 PM
Use Leatherique!
It's one of the best!
It's a 2 step process,but it's worth it....
It will clean and recondition your leather like nothing else
where to get Leatherique ar bro ? roughly how much $$ ?? :)

That looks good... but its a Do It Yourself kinda thing.

I was wondering if there was a shop somewhere around the Klang Valley vincinity that specializes in leather preservation/restoration/treatment etc?

Thanks

was about to do something similar.. just talked with shedden about it, he mentioned VPS or something.. located in PJ.. he's very happy with them.. try pm'ing him..

hey....anyone did their's already give report ya...

mine also worn already..

lazy to DIY also, pay la like everything else.....:)

Originally posted by The Necessary@Dec 18 2005, 08:28 AM
That Swissol place I go to at Hartamas also does it. Give me a PM and I'll pass on their details.
how much does Jesse charge aa? one-off thing, not package..

No pain, no gain!!!

Anyway, Leatherique is not soooo hard to DIY la.... not like polishing and waxing.....
Don't even need any special tools or skills.

Believe me.. the results are worth it. Used it on my E24 a few years back. Planning on apllying it to my E46 soon.....

You can also check out that WECOLOR place..... for major restoration type work

http://wecolor.net/index2.html

Scin and others, any of you have experience with Meguiar's 2-step leather aloe cleaner and conditioner? I don't know where to find this Leatherique but I can get hold of the Meguiars. Now I'm almost finishing the bottle of TurtleWax's cleaner/conditioner two-in-one and the shine is definitely gone in about a week or two the most.

Purely for that "new" appearance especially for the leather on the compartment surrounding the gear shift. Don't like the "faded" look when it's not dark black & reflective.

Crack leather can be repair or not? I plan to repair my newly acquired arm rest, it got a bit of leather crack.

I don't remember where i read it (This forum or some other forum)

But it said u can use baby oil.... i thought to myself, 'its just baby oil, don't think its gonna harm anything'. So, i actually went and tried it....

Wipe baby oil over the leather. Leave it overnite. Wipe off the oil with clean damp cloth the next day...

My findings...

1) The leather is actually more supple
2) Its shiny
3) The noise from the leather is actually less. About 50% less i reckon
4) The cabin actually smells nice (thats just my personal opinion laa)

The best thing is a botol of Johnson's baby oil is less than RM5!!!

Thats just my 2cents worth....

minivan said:

But it said u can use baby oil.... i thought to myself, 'its just baby oil, don't think its gonna harm anything'. So, i actually went and tried it....

Wipe baby oil over the leather. Leave it overnite. Wipe off the oil with clean damp cloth the next day...

My findings...

2) Its shiny

very practical mate... now got some work on the weekend to try on... thank you...

minivan said:

My findings...

2) Its shiny

I will try too...hopefully its working.

Hey guys any idea where I can buy this leather paint locally..want to DIY TQ
:):)

Top Bottom