Koni FSD, anyone?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
sifus, how can we possibly check our shocks spec whether it's m-sport, non-m, stock, etc? is it possible to know from vin numbers?

Well the M Sport came with black roof liners, sports seats, sports steering wheel and of course the body kit (hard to tell from body kit as there are many who have added on, but the tell tale sign is usually the T-Bar in the lower front intake which is the M Sport and alot of after market add ons were similar to the M5 which did not have the T-Bar).
Not sure if the VIN number would show. Hope this helps

huskar3399;723617 said:
sifus, how can we possibly check our shocks spec whether it's m-sport, non-m, stock, etc? is it possible to know from vin numbers?

huskar3399, I believe from the VIN numbers, you can find out what was the FACTORY shocks. If previous owner changed in some time back, then it'd be impossible to tell.

willy5;723635 said:
Well the M Sport came with black roof liners, sports seats, sports steering wheel and of course the body kit (hard to tell from body kit as there are many who have added on, but the tell tale sign is usually the T-Bar in the lower front intake which is the M Sport and alot of after market add ons were similar to the M5 which did not have the T-Bar).

Bro willy5, I believe the information huskar3399 needed is on the M-sport shocks / suspension only.

willy5;723453 said:
I have tried the FSD's my advice is buy something else. They didn't even last that long, about 14 months only.

Bro you mean you tried FSD on E39? Did it feel like stock non-msport shocks?

I previously tried FSD on Civic FD and it was better than the factory shocks.

Psykit;723446 said:
Any other reviews about Koni FSD on E39? I need a replacement for my front set of original absorbers. I was thinking either Koni FSD (Gold), Koni Sport (Yellow) or just go with stock Boge absorbers. What do you all think?

Can anyone share some contacts on where to get Koni FSD in Malaysia or Singapore?

Thanks.

Bro, if you're OK with the soft, comfort style, original shocks sound good to me.
If you want to try something slightly more spicy, try Bilstein B12.

If you're around KL/PJ area, I can bring you for a B12 experience.

seewai;723724 said:
Bro you mean you tried FSD on E39? Did it feel like stock non-msport shocks?

I previously tried FSD on Civic FD and it was better than the factory shocks.

Hi Bro,

Yup, mine is an M Sport. FSD was nowhere near as good as the original shockers, the FSD died shortly after and started bottoming out I was scrapping every bump in town. Now I'm using standard Boge and I feel the Boge is better than the FSD. I can't say how FSDs would work with other cars but this is my take for the e39.

seewai;723720 said:
huskar3399, I believe from the VIN numbers, you can find out what was the FACTORY shocks. If previous owner changed in some time back, then it'd be impossible to tell.

Bro willy5, I believe the information huskar3399 needed is on the M-sport shocks / suspension only.

Bro Seewai, like you said, it is impossible to tell if the shocks have been replaced. Well almost. You can remove the shocks look at the absorber, the original M Sport has a very large diameter shaft compared to the standard shocks, it is also a whole lot shorter, but you need the standard to compare. The FSDs are actually longer than the M Sport shocks and shaft also not as large in diameter.

The M Sport also came with shorter springs and thicker roll bars, this is another way to tell if you are just gonna look at the suspension alone.

seewai;723727 said:
Bro, if you're OK with the soft, comfort style, original shocks sound good to me.
If you want to try something slightly more spicy, try Bilstein B12.

If you're around KL/PJ area, I can bring you for a B12 experience.

Appreciate the offer very much bro seewai. I'm based in Penang :)

Since I have never tried the FSDs I have no idea on how it feels, I might just get the original shocks due to its comfort.

Bro seewai, how much you paid for your FSD kit for your Civic? Any idea of the price for E39?

willy5;723776 said:
Hi Bro,

Yup, mine is an M Sport. FSD was nowhere near as good as the original shockers, the FSD died shortly after and started bottoming out I was scrapping every bump in town. Now I'm using standard Boge and I feel the Boge is better than the FSD. I can't say how FSDs would work with other cars but this is my take for the e39.

When i called the Koni dealer here in M'sia they informed me they have stopped selling FSD reason given was that it doesn't suit our roads and too many claims during the warranty period ...

willy5;723635 said:
thanks for the handy tips bro. i presume the T bar is the one at the front bumper in between the fog lights right?

alantiong;724173 said:
14-20 months life span? Dont u guys feel titan would be better bangs for your money now?

Bro, do have good experience with Titans?

I have had them on at least 5 of my cars. Pain in the butt to get it rigt but once thats done, its justsweet and serviceable. So no more changing of struts. Just replacement of seal and fluid yearly and he neve even charge me. But i did tipped his boys any how.

My e39 feels better than koni sport now. Minimal roll without the harsh feel. Never go for adjustable. Use back stock spring.

Hi bro alantiong, I too did not go for FSD after reading not so good reviews sometime last year. Went for boge instead.

how much was the price for a set of Titan's? Is it with mounting and all other parts or just shocks alone?
Also would they only sell if we want to purchase the front or rear alone?
Would it be able to give comfort along with a little stiffness on high speed corners.

hi bro seewai is the invitation only for bro Psykit.....he..he....

Anyone has this setup Boge + HnR springs?

Psykit;723849 said:
Appreciate the offer very much bro seewai. I'm based in Penang :)

Since I have never tried the FSDs I have no idea on how it feels, I might just get the original shocks due to its comfort.

Bro seewai, how much you paid for your FSD kit for your Civic? Any idea of the price for E39?

If not mistaken around RM3400 a set of FSD for Civic FD1, back in 2009, installation included & modification required.

I was quoted SGD$1800 IIRC, some time back already. Given this price, I'd prefer maintaining B12 setup.

theblackbeast;724197 said:
hi bro seewai is the invitation only for bro Psykit.....he..he....

Not really an invitation, just an offer :), since Psykit was looking for an option.
Nice things I don't mind sharing.
Bad things I also don't mind sharing the bad experience.

seewai;724220 said:
Not really an invitation, just an offer :), since Psykit was looking for an option.
Nice things I don't mind sharing.
Bad things I also don't mind sharing the bad experience.

Thanks bro....I like people who share the good and bad :rock:

theblackbeast;724222 said:
Thanks bro....I like people who share the good and bad :rock:

Come lah one of these free evenings we come out TCSS, since you're just a few gear-shifts away.

Top Bottom