Koni FSD, anyone?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

seewai

S62B50
Dear all,Is any bros and sis out there running on Koni FSD? After receiving "rough ride" complaints from passengers, I decided to look for more comfy approach than my current B12 setup.I was quoted SG$1150 for a set by Andy from SG. I believe the price covers only the shocks, without springs.Is it OK to run these FSD's on B12's springs?Appreciate your input.Cheers.seewai

Don't waste yr money, mine lasted 13 months only. I had them fitted with my M Sport suspension, it was softer and understandbly not so confident while going round corners.

Bro willy5, thanks for the feedback.

I'm indeed looking for a softer setup. I understand there's sacrifice to be made.

Besides Koni FSD, would you recommend a softer Bilstein setup? Maybe a B8 with stock springs?

After Koni failed, after a year, which is way tooo fast, I had them replaced with the standard Boge, softer than the originals, more or less the same with Koni. The Boge felt more confident in handling compared to Koni. But this is with an M-S setup, is yours M-S too? Sori no experience with Bilstein for e39. But having said that, someone once asked me to name the OEM manufacturers for absorbers for German cars, so they are Bilstein, Boge and Sachs, so stick to those and you would be safe.

Some refer B12 as an OEM and cheaper solution as M-Sport replacement.

My only experience with Koni FSD is in my 2006 Civic, which is running Koni FSD and the handling is much better than stock setup.

So is yours an M-S? Or you are looking at upgrading? Coz B12 is a lowered set up, it most likely will be harder than the standard set up. If you already have an M-S set up and just looking for replacement absorbers, try ZF for the M-S replacements (I think these would be Sachs), alot cheaper than originals but have to indent so there is some waiting time.

I have just ordered a set of Sachs Super Touring for my E39 M-Sports from UK. Seller is a dealer for Sachs-Boge (same company) and claims that its a direct replacement of the E39 M-sport suspension, 100% the same but without the BMW logo.

I'll see how it turns out.

Bro,
If I am not mistaken the direct replacement for the M-Sport is Sachs Advantage and not Super Touring.

Super Touring is direct replacement for stock absorbers.

You might wanna confirm that.

feisaldzul;656627 said:
Bro,
If I am not mistaken the direct replacement for the M-Sport is Sachs Advantage and not Super Touring.

Super Touring is direct replacement for stock absorbers.

You might wanna confirm that.

Hmm...after a bit of reading up, other owners does say that the Advantage is the replacement of the MSport II. However, I assumed the one I bought is Super Tourings because thats the box it came in (he sent me a photo), but reading on other forums a lot of people said sometimes the Advantage comes in SuperTouring box (how confusing is that?). I did ask specifically for M Sport II replacement, confirmed and reconfirmed a few times(I think he got annoyed with me in the end - I would too if I were him).

However, he does sell Sachs standard and M-Sport replacement shocks on eBay, listed separately and he deals in a lot of BMW parts and does sound like he knows what he is talking about. The items has been ordered and on its way here, so its pretty much done anyway...

For M-Sport II, it is the Sports Advantage. Never2 believe anyone that says Touring is the same as Advantage. I learnt the hard way :( :(
I could not find the Advantage and changed to Koni Adjustables on my prev E39. I believe current owner using Titan :D

affan66;656807 said:
For M-Sport II, it is the Sports Advantage. Never2 believe anyone that says Touring is the same as Advantage. I learnt the hard way :( :(
I could not find the Advantage and changed to Koni Adjustables on my prev E39. I believe current owner using Titan :D

Contacted the seller again and he confirmed he sent the correct one to me, M-Sport replacement absorbers.

No need to worry much now since the absorbers are on the way here, we can know whether the absorbers are direct replacement or not once u fit them up. Anyway u bought them in very good price.

Since there's no feedback on Koni FSD, let's not be further carried away by non-Koni-FSD related discussion in this thread.

Thanks.

Noted, sorry bro for bringing the thread to another direction.

So, Koni FSD, anyone?

affan66;656807 said:

Yalor, when want to test drive and give me feedback?

Any other reviews about Koni FSD on E39? I need a replacement for my front set of original absorbers. I was thinking either Koni FSD (Gold), Koni Sport (Yellow) or just go with stock Boge absorbers. What do you all think?

Can anyone share some contacts on where to get Koni FSD in Malaysia or Singapore?

Thanks.

I have tried the FSD's my advice is buy something else. They didn't even last that long, about 14 months only.

haywire....how much u paid for the shocks incl. delivery?

willy5;723453 said:
I have tried the FSD's my advice is buy something else. They didn't even last that long, about 14 months only.

Thanks willy5. What shocks do you recon? I won't be too interested in coil-overs or fully-adjustables as I prefer a comfortable ride.

Btw, where did you get your FSDs? It seems hard to get it here in Malaysia.

Same as seewai mentioned Andy from sg, this was almost 3 years ago. But I need to mention that mine is an M Sport, so the FSDs didn't measure up at all. I'm using the standard Boge at the moment and in terms of comfort, I have no problems. Handling of course is not as good as the original M shockers, but good enough for my set of 'balls' for corners. I have done over 220 km/h in the Boges and they feel alright. The Sachs Sports Advantage should be a little more than the Konis, I'd go for that instead if it is for M Sport set up.

Top Bottom