"klik kok" sound forn rear axle

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tkew

Club Guest
Hi bro, started two weeks ago some funny " klik klok" from my rear axle, sure it not from the diff coz M Perf mech have chk, they claim the sound is from the bush of the rear apper arm. For me the sound like some lose part on the rear axle, can this be the drive shaft ? or Aybody experience this ? Sound more noticable at low speed but at higher speed no sound, sure something is wrong, please anyone care to share their exp... thanks

bro tkew... mayb the axle or the gearbox too much free play... wats ur mileage? anything below 100k drive shaft shld not b the prob.... i had it too n it was due to too much freeplay with my gearbox... sent it in 4 times b4 it was rectified.

good luck..

i had that sound too....audible when the car is slow, somewhere rear left.

read in the forum elsewhere, could be the absorber mounting as well..

my mileage is about 50++miles, what do u all sifus recommend to change for wear and tear?

Originally posted by NKTOB@May 24 2006, 03:21 PM
i had that sound too....audible when the car is slow, somewhere rear left.

read in the forum elsewhere, could be the absorber mounting as well..

my mileage is about 50++miles, what do u all sifus recommend to change for wear and tear?
yup...it's the absorber mounting... :nyehehe:

just check the absober mounting it is still in good condition change last year, so be something else

I had the klok klok sound a few years back and it turned out to be the absorber mounting... Sometimes its not installed correctly instead of wear, and doesnt cost a lot to fix but makes a big difference driving the car without the pesky noise.

Absorber mounting change last year doesnt mean this year cannot broke.

I changed over 3 times already the Rear Absorber mounting.

Thats BMW. Want Reliability go Toyota.

Already chk the absober mounting no problem still looks ok , first thing the mech chk at m performance, they say is the arm bushing problem.

i had this " klik klok" sound from rear, my mech also claim that the sound is come from the bush of the rear upper/lower arm. he said the bush is cheap, but take time to change it..

Finally got rid of that annoying "Klik Klok" sound!

Fault : Absorber mounting!

Repair Costs @ M-Speed :

A pair of absober mounting : RM80.00
A pair of Boge (SACHS from Germany) Shocks : RM380.00

drives like new again................

cool bro nktob... i had the same sound the other day... glad now riding like new

NKTOB change thing never call me r, ah meng just told me u went there yesterday and change the thing u mention, glad he solve your problem, but my klik klok sound on the rear left side nobody can solve coz cannot tangkap where the sound come from. i think i wanna put 3 colok and sembayang my rear side today

agrree with you lah mouse, still cant get the problem solve lahhh same as you i think.

Originally posted by Mouse@Jun 1 2006, 06:44 PM
NKTOB change thing never call me r, ah meng just told me u went there yesterday and change the thing u mention, glad he solve your problem, but my klik klok sound on the rear left side nobody can solve coz cannot tangkap where the sound come from. i think i wanna put 3 colok and sembayang my rear side today
aiyah...don't say like that lah bro mouse!

anyway, just put ah meng in the car and drive around!

PRESTO! he confirmed absorber mounting!

when they took it out, can really see crack oreidi man.....

i ask ah meng 2 time to ride with me to tangkap the sound but to no avail, i can hear it, he cannot, dammm pissssssss (usual case when your astro rosak u call the technician and before he fix anything, its all back to normal) knn

is like that lah sometime can hear sometimes cant hear it so piss off, when the doctor sit in the car the sound gone....... the mech take out the absober + roll bar still cant rectify, they say is the rear upper/lower arm bush

Originally posted by tkew@Jun 2 2006, 09:16 AM
is like that lah sometime can hear sometimes cant hear it so piss off, when the doctor sit in the car the sound gone....... the mech take out the absober + roll bar still cant rectify, they say is the rear upper/lower arm bush
bro, r u regular at M-performance Mayang? I just went there today. I give them THUMB UP for their effort and determination, Altnough they cannot solve the klik.....klok sound on the left hand rear side, i would say they already did their best and even I also give up with the sound. The young boss did not charge me a single sen on labour for 5 hours job. He assigned the fat mechanic to find the sound and he actually attended my car for pure 5 hours without fixing other cars or even going for lunch. He basically canibalised the whole car to find the sound but cannot find (but i know they did their best). GREAT BOSS and staff...... :yahoo:

bro mouse n tkew... if the lower arm n bushings hv no prob... there are a few more factors.
1) rear axle
2) drive shaft (check both sides)
3) gearbox.

my klik klok was bcoz of gearbox... luckyly under warranty. but another way is to change gearbox oil n try... hope this will help

cheers

yes they did the same thing on mine also, they say is the arm rubber bush only can change if take out all the link and arms, the rear end part. so just give up....lah
Should go back to give them give them some business in future...it is also miko clinic for LW...................... :yahoo: :yahoo:

Top Bottom