KEYS and LOCKS

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

siX PoTTer

Club Guest
:blush: this is embarassing...just found out that my keys are not able to open all da doors but can start da car...sure wanna :beaten: :beaten: da previous owner!!What are my alternatives besides(guessing) having another key hole on my door???Is that Y some Bimmers have them??At the moment I am using my central lock...remote... :blink:

looks like the key for the ignition was changed, but the key for the door locks where thrown away.....very dangerous if your central lock decides to fail on you ......

if u are adventurous enuff, you cud recode all the locks to your current key

i have done this to both driver and passenger doors

thank you thank you very much... will try that out....just wondering... have anyone done that before??

if you are technically savvy.....it will be ok, just need to remember how to put it back, as there are spring loaded and directional ones

other then that, you will need 1-2 extras, just in case there are other coded keys to use, other part is getting it out of the door, and getting it back into the door lock position

when i did mine , took me a fqair bit, total 5 hours to remove, replace, and repair 1 side, but eventually took me 1 hour for the other side......

if you can bring 1-2 spare ones to TT, and if im there, i cud show you how its done

Originally posted by teejay@Mar 8 2005, 07:28 PM
looks like the key for the ignition was changed, but the key for the door locks where thrown away.....very dangerous if your central lock decides to fail on you ......

if u are adventurous enuff, you cud recode all the locks to your current key

1. remove all the cylindrical locks
2. get 1-2 spare ones
3. remove all the internal bits
4. use the "cylindrical keys" to recode the lock using back your original key - dunno how to write this as this is very technical.....perhaps jarance can help with the text....

there are 3 coded round "keys" numbered 0 to 3, each has a different size, and will allow the lock to be turned if combinations are correct

i have done this to both driver and passenger doors
tj, for security reason, it better not to discribe the lock mechanism over the public forum. :ph34r: . just do it with pm.

Top Bottom