Locked my key inside the trunk

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
As the thread mentioned you will find the speaker hole as my picture shown(pic taken when i'm retrofit my rear sun blind) If your problem occur on my E46 i no need to open the rear speaker, cause my spec can just fold down the rear seat and goes to the trunk :top: that's the advantage of Jpn spec LOL...

e46rearspeaker.jpg

Hope it help.

Alex, the method only help if the car is provided with ski hatch.

ewan, can you get into the car? If you can, I will teach you how to "hot-wire" to release the boot.

You can dismantle the rear parcel shelf take out the speaker and use that speaker hole as my pic show above to digging for your key left inside right at least there is a small chances.

Alex5522;814824 said:
You can dismantle the rear parcel shelf take out the speaker and use that speaker hole as my pic show above to digging for your key left inside right at least there is a small chances.

yes there is a small chance. Also get a telescopic magnetic probe to fish the key when you locate it.

Managed to get the trunk open already! :D Will tell you guys soon with few photo. Thanks for the info!

Morning guys!

As I promised you guys last Thursday, this is how I manage to open my trunk.

[photos removed for security reason]

Yes, I drilled a hole. As you can see there, the red circle inside the photo is where the hole should be because somewhere in that area is the wire*idk what it's called* to open the trunk is located.

Got this idea from this 2 video but I drill salah lubang xD

[videos removed for security reason]

For security reason, please remove the picture where exactly to drill the hole. other people with ill intention will misuse this information. Thank you for your co-operation.

I have done that for an E36 before when the person could not open the boot when the actuator was jammed.

jarance;815356 said:
For security reason, please remove the picture whether exactly to drill the hole. other people with ill intention will misuse this information. Thank you for your co-operation.

I have done that for an E36 before when the person could not open the boot when the actuator was jammed.

Done! Photos & videos removed :)

Top Bottom