Just gor my car, few problems here :)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Did an DIY on my AC system and the water heater control valve last Sunday.

The HCV was completely chocked up. clean it and found that it is energised to closed.
If fuse 62 is blown, the valve is always open. This will allowed hot water to flow into the heater
inside the Air Handling Unit (AHU). The heater can be by passed with a connector. As I dont have the hose
connector, I bypass the heater by keeping the valve closed all the time.

I have also noticed that the air is always colder and more flow on the left side of the centre vent.
This is due to the location of the FSR that is blocking the flow and additional heat from the FSR.

Will post some pictures later.

Oh, forgot to mention that while driving from Klang to Manjung this morning, the AC is damn cold even when I set the temperature at 26 degC and at minimum air flow.

I guess the bypass of the heater works but now it cannot maintain a constant temperature as it used the heater to regulate the temperature. Notice the left air vent is still colder than the right vent for the centre vent.

jarance;815366 said:
Oh, forgot to mention that while driving from Klang to Manjung this morning, the AC is damn cold even when I set the temperature at 26 degC and at minimum air flow.

I guess the bypass of the heater works but now it cannot maintain a constant temperature as it used the heater to regulate the temperature. Notice the left air vent is still colder than the right vent for the centre vent.

Jarance, so in your professional opinion, Japanese's design is better than BMW's?

morrogan;815533 said:
Jarance, so in your professional opinion, Japanese's design is better than BMW's?

in a way I prefer the Japs as it cuts off when it reaches certain temp...but then again with constant on off, the compressor will kaput faster. Bimmers work on the concept of always ON (like inverter?) but regulated by the heater valve (where the released of radiator water by the valve will regulate the coldness).

my 2 cents..

morrogan;815533 said:

BMW climate control the room temperature according to your setting whereas Japanese design is +/- 5 of set point.
There are pro and con in both design.

good day everyone
do you guys top up water for radiator?
if yes, how often? how much?

if no, I guess something is not right on my car la

metalbox;823340 said:
good day everyone
do you guys top up water for radiator?
if yes, how often? how much?

if no, I guess something is not right on my car la

I bought my car for 2.5 years. Top up 3 times. Each time top up around 200ml to 300ml water

check expansion tank,hoses......worst case head hasket gone kaput...

my e30(m) is ready to fight your 325i(m)..........bila mau racing ? :D

this is my 1st checkup since my last check about a month ago
wondering why is my water at min level

if you need to top up this frequent then you definitely have a leak somewhere.do a cooling system pressure test.

Metalbox ...by the way where do you send ya car to for your aircond fix and ya servicing ? Care to share the workshop name and the costing ?

never service yet
just top up gas only
did it for rm45 at car acc shop near my house

Dear All, I face the same prob too. driver side is warmer n take longer time to get cold.. I just bought the micro filter from AB ss15 n will change tonight. Anyway, if i wanted to check n service my aircond for E90, near subang/puchong, any recommend? thank you.

gc3000;824406 said:
Dear All, I face the same prob too. driver side is warmer n take longer time to get cold.. I just bought the micro filter from AB ss15 n will change tonight. Anyway, if i wanted to check n service my aircond for E90, near subang/puchong, any recommend? thank you.

Try K&S Auto of USJ. Look for Ah Soon 016-203 0665

Top Bottom