jap tyres..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
adliz...dont rule out the FK452's bro...just got em couple of months ago...still feels good..good crisp hard cornering...well then again im not too sure how hard is ur cornering...i did a corner at bout 150kmh...still sticks...u most probably cornering bout 160kmh at least :D

Casa,
you're lucky a certain POS in this forum didn't insult you for going with the ST-115.

I too am on ST-115. Cheap, about a grand on each corner but, the lateral grip is still something not up to scratch. It is quiet though.

But whatever it is, it's still miles ahead of the crap SP9000.

I made this post on a different thread, but I'll cut and paste it here since it pertains...

Used:
Pirelli PZero Rosso - good everyday driving tire, lasts really long and quiet (except when cornering)
Falken ST115 - best bang for buck, really good dry grip and not as expensive as Michelin, quiet even when cornering
Bridgestone S03 - Very good dry and probably the best wet grip, only problem is that this tire wears out quite fast
Continental ContiSport2 - lasts long, shit for cornering, quiet when driving in a straight line.
Nitto NT555 - shit tire, I hate it....but good sports tire if you're on a budget.

Others:
Falken Azenis RT - supposed to be semi-slick road tires, RT615 is all dry/race, RT215 is more road friendly and drivable in the wet.
Michelin PS1/PS2 - best tire wet or dry but also by far the most expensive
Toyo - T1S is outdated, try to get T1R, no experience on this tire though
Nitto Invo/NeoGen - Nitto's new tires, both are supposed to be very good.
Kumho - their ultra high performance tire is supposed to be the new 'bang for buck' tire. The Hamann 430 Ferrari uses these.

I believe most japanese tires are not as squarish as european tires hence europeans tires will look wider and better for udms.

The toyo T1-R is pretty good for the money i paid but they are much narrower than yokos, michellins and continentals of the same width spec.

Mine 235/35R19 tires looks like a 225 from behind.

As for performance can't really comment since the only uhp tire i tried is the T1-R but with about 50-65% thread left, my ASC starts blinking during one of the corners. Previously it didn't blink.

Somehow the feeling is a less gripy tires when it was brand new after running in. Anyone with similar experience?

ya man.. t1-r doesnt look as wide as the other tyres.. but cannot lawan ad07!! that tyre looks excellent from behind! must be the big threads..?

grip? still monitoring.. but i know it is quite gud in the wet.. no aqua-planing at all.. going through puddle (yesterday rain heavily leh..) was very assuring.. nice!

anyone brought the t1-r to track? afraid it'll ruin my next hpc event.. sigh..

yeah the wet performance of toyo t1-r is very good. Good directional stability in the rain and does not aquaplan easily.

adliz said:
oh, and the toyo was fitted on the cayenne turbo to record the 'fastest suv in the world' with 3++ kmh if i recall correctly..

all these are very gud publicity to compete with the likes of the much more established brands..

It depends on the speed rating of the tyre. Most manufacturers make multiple rates for almost any particular model. I know that the Pirelli P6000 came in HR and VR. My old F1s were W (I think they had VR and ZR) - a bit of an overkill for my slow e21. Even more of an overkill, my present GY F1 GS D3 - ZR.

MarkingCharactisticsSpeed

Symbol "N"For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 140 Km/h (88 Mph)
Speed Symbol "P"For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 150 Km/h (94 Mph)
Speed Symbol "Q"For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 160 Km/h (100 Mph)
Speed Symbol "R"For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 170 Km/h (106 Mph)
Speed Symbol "S"For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 180 Km/h (113 Mph)
Speed Symbol "T"For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 190 Km/h (119 Mph)
Speed Symbol "U"For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 200 Km/h (125 Mph)
Speed Symbol "H"For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 210 Km/h (130 Mph)
Speed Symbol "V"For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 240 Km/h (e.g. 225.55 R 15 91V)
Speed Symbol "W"For vehicles having speed capability not exceeding 270 Km/h (e.g. 225.60 R 15 96W)
Speed Symbol "Y"For vehicles having speed capability not exceeding 300 Km/h (e.g. 275.40 R 18 94Y)
Speed Category "VR"For vehicles having speed capability over 210 Km/h (e.g. 195.50 VR 15)
Speed Category "ZR"For vehicles with a speed capability over 240 Km/h (e.g. 205.40 ZR 17)ZR+
Speed Symbol "W"Tyres marked with both designations for vehicles with speed capability over 240 Km/h but not exceeding 270 Km/hZR+
Speed Symbol "Y"Tyres marked with both designations for vehicles with speed capability over 240 Km/h but not exceeding 300 Km/h

LCP said:
Just fitted 195/55R15 Yoko Advan Neova AD07 to my other car (Satria) 3 days back... very sticky tyres, sand will stick to the thread like glue... only did 100+km, still running 'em in, no chance to trash 'em yet.

Initial impression, compared with previous tyres (Yoko ES100), quite noisy (only slightly softer than the ageing ES100)... but sidewalls are softer, and much higher rolling resistance, possibly due to the softer thread... looks like I'll be expecting a fun time soon with the AD07!

Only RM285 each for 195/55R15... Should give one of the biggest bangs for the buck... Worth the 2-month wait to get this size in from Japan (had to force my tyre shop to order them from YHI)... If anyone out there with E36 running the stock size of 205/60R15, this tyre is available in that size, and plenty more sizes...

One thing missing from Jap all-out performance tyres is the ride refinement... this is something that the Euro tyres are better at.

I found the Yoko ES100 performed very poorly in the wet. Actually, grip was mediocre in the wet and fair in dry conditions. Nearly lost control many times and brakes locking prematurely under hard braking conditions (becos of poor grip).

what about cars with speed exceeding 300kmh?

they claim the new advan sport is built with speed rating higher than 300kmh! grip and comfort shud be phenomenal too..

anyone with experience with the advan sport?

ichiwan2, hafta agree with you on the sudden (premature) and sometimes unexpected brake lock-ups on the Yoko ES100, experienced it a few times and in dry condition some more... scared the sh*t out of me once on the Penang Bridge, luckily the vehicle in front did not continue to slow down further... and I wasn't following that close, at least 4-5 car lengths! Have learnt to be really careful with the ES100 whenever my EBC Reds brake pads have attained operating temperature...

Anyways, the AD07s are running really well now...

To add a bit more, the Waja right behind me also locked up its wheels, hmmm, in sympathy? Must be one heck of a sight to see so much rubber smoke from two consecutive cars in a row...

Top Bottom