ipod interface

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

guru

Club Guest
anyone knows where to buy ipod interface for bmw business?looking for the ori one(where we can select tracks from the steering wheel) . like in the ipodyourbmw website.how much?

Hi Guru,

I think BMW Malaysia do sell ipod kit to BMW business head unit. Not sure how much but you can check it out in BMW Malaysia IPod Interface

Clean interface plus it recharges the ipod and display tracks on head unit. You can also control the tracks from your steering wheel. I assume you have an E46.

Hope this helps.

i think older HU doesnt support

for new E60 E90 sure support lo

the ipod is in the glove compartment

According to BMW malaysia website, the E46 up to 03/2005 allow basic playback and control of tracks of third generation ipod or ipod nano.

After 03/2005 the head unit offers more advance control such as artist, genre and unlimited play list.

I think this kit should do the job. Tempted to find out more but then I have a nakamichi head unit so really no point.

thanks bro

any one try to add in a AUX input for their BMW Business HU ??

so can hook up to any mp3/4 or pda ??

Originally posted by leakwoon@Apr 6 2006, 01:09 AM
interesting !! :D
Yup!

And they also have a unit that works with the Nav equipped cars, which, I believe the OEM adapter does not support....

AB Glenmarie has original BMW ipod adapter sets to fit the e39, e46, X3 and z4 and a few other models which I can't remember exactly now. The listed price for the e46 adapter sets is about RM1600-plus each.

Originally posted by leakwoon@Apr 5 2006, 10:03 AM
thanks bro

any one try to add in a AUX input for their BMW Business HU ??

so can hook up to any mp3/4 or pda ??
I am going to be doing this on my E46 using the USA Spec Aux Adaptor (buying from Ebay for 69 USD + 25 USD shipping) - will have my mp3 player (I have IRiver) located in Euro Tray.

hi all !!

If your guys need to buy ipod , you can pm me..

regards..

Originally posted by 3CI@May 9 2006, 10:32 AM
hi all !!

If your guys need to buy ipod , you can pm me..

regards..
sorry, i think posting wrong area for this .. :D

bro wglee,

you sure about the price for the E46 ipod adapter, RM1,600 plus installation???

last week i check with one of the car/ audio accessories shop & they told me is possible to install it, coz i show them the BMW magazine...the price they quoted me is RM3,500 plus.....i was like haaaaa

bro scin,
can it fit with my e46 ci??? :D :D :D

Originally posted by RedEarth@May 9 2006, 10:42 AM
bro wglee,

you sure about the price for the E46 ipod adapter, RM1,600 plus installation???

last week i check with one of the car/ audio accessories shop & they told me is possible to install it, coz i show them the BMW magazine...the price they quoted me is RM3,500 plus.....i was like haaaaa

bro scin,
can it fit with my e46 ci??? :D :D :D
abang redearth,

You don't mind can i know what's the part need for install to the player connect to ipod ? i think the cost much high lah ..

maybe i can check from my fren there, since he is a apple authorized reseller :D

regards.

FYI - AB selling Interface for 1600 + 700 to install. What a load of crap!..

US is selling at US150 so if anybody got jalan...

USD 150 looks pretty good. I wonder if can order the same part from our local BMW stockist.

Otherwise can just order from USA and ask them to ship over here. Should be around RM 800 to 1K after CIF + taxes. Only thing is warranty. If really not working after a few months. Can be messy.

Wonder if there is a cheaper local alternative?

Top Bottom