Info on e36

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

edward

Club Guest
to all sifus out there,i posted a WTB ad for e36 coupe a few months back. i'm still deciding as i have not found one i like yet. and the e36 coupes are hard to find. i was looking for at least the 325. but after speaking to a few people, some comments that i had was that it is hard to buy as well as hard to sell. :dunno: is it true. i'm thinking of getting a 4 door one now. more space as well. but somehow it don't look as sexy as the coupe.i hav also read thru some of the threads and there was a lot of good feed back on the e46s but not very positive on the e36s. so i would like to ask all the sifus out there if the e36 is a good car to buy for a everyday car. can only afford the e36!ed

E30, E36, E46, E90, etc... all are BMWs. all BMWs are good cars if properly maintained.

E36 still looks good and still catches attention when well modded even despite nearing 10 years. Can give modern cars a run for their money with a car bearing a similiar capacity especially the 328. Handling and power wise, test drive a well maintained unit and it will speak for itself.

I tested the 328(which was well maintained) and instantly after that I confirmed my purchase.

I know a lot of ppl are gonna throw their kasut,telur busuk,rotten tomatoes,etc at me when I say this. :beaten: But if I can start all over again the BMW ownership experience, I am gonna get an E39. :D

Cabutz!

Originally posted by edward@Feb 6 2006, 03:20 AM
to all sifus out there,

i posted a WTB ad for e36 coupe a few months back. i'm still deciding as i have not found one i like yet. and the e36 coupes are hard to find. i was looking for at least the 325. but after speaking to a few people, some comments that i had was that it is hard to buy as well as hard to sell. :dunno: is it true. i'm thinking of getting a 4 door one now. more space as well. but somehow it don't look as sexy as the coupe.

i hav also read thru some of the threads and there was a lot of good feed back on the e46s but not very positive on the e36s. so i would like to ask all the sifus out there if the e36 is a good car to buy for a everyday car. can only afford the e36!

ed
Dude...if can find a E36 Coupe....better get that...its rare and sexy...hehehe B) :)

Ed,

What BAD reviews did you hear about the E36 ? Are these from the owners of the car itself or just people who really don't know enough about the car to slag it ?

Cheers,

Originally posted by Vanquish@Feb 6 2006, 07:15 AM
Ed,

What BAD reviews did you hear about the E36 ? Are these from the owners of the car itself or just people who really don't know enough about the car to slag it ?

Cheers,
Good question..

I own one E36 Coupe Manual version...so far so good...no complain at all... :D :D

hi edward,

wat a coincidence huh, im also lookin for one e36 325 cabrio. If u happen to come across any, pls let me know ya. same here for me too, will inform if there's any! i want a cabrio, lagi headache for me.. sigh :cry:

chairoger was right, the beast still looks good for its age! with a few mod, it stands out well among the new cars! :yes!:

pls let me know if u guys come across any!. thank you veli muchie!

cheers,
jsen

buy what you can afford and maintain. E36 is a nice car to drive for everyday use. if you are not the kaki rembat type, then go for 318 auto or manual. if want more power than go for 325 or 328!

here, sure kena tembak, but it's just my opinion...
for better resale value... 318 auto yr96 above, easy loan (minimum 12yrs old car for BMW), loan percentage available-higher, cheaper maintenance, cheaper roadtax, lower fuel comsumption, much easier to sell back incase of financial problems. good for first time buyer wit average income that want to try and own a BMW. but if can afford, go for 328 yr96 above straight!

if kaki hantu, coupe is nice. but kalau nak ambil hati future mother-inlaw then go for 4 doors, easy nak ajak keluar makan bersama.
but if money is not a problem, any classic or new BMW model boleh try!

i owned an e36 coupe.....very nice to drive.....spend almost 40k for upgrading and replace al those wear and tear parts.....the result was very magnificent.but,just got an interested buyer came to view my cay tonite.hehehe!!!dunno wats goin to happen next....

Originally posted by nikazwaa@Feb 7 2006, 09:22 AM
Dude... Check out merv's ride in the Cars For Sale section.
yo nikazwaa, i cant seemm to locate the page... can paste the link for me ar? thks man.

hi burn, no nd to impress future mother in law, dah kahwin ni, tats y wan to get a coupe. hahahah!.

wah acs, definitely a nice ride u must be havin there. the amoutn spent is very well worth it.! can give some spec on yr car ar? thks bro.

anyone knows wat the roadtax for 328i?

cheers,
jsen

i checked out mervs car already. he is asking for 70K i think. but i'm a bit aprehensive as theres is a after market shiftronic.takut will have probs later. u know the eletronics in BMW sensitive. but all in all its a good car. its just that i don't really like to touch any cars electronic systems.

i also would like to know if all the e36 325 all vinos straights 6? another thing is that i see some e36 got climate control and some don't have. wat year got and wat year don't have.

another thing is that i did not say got bad results for the e36's, i said not so positive review. got to weigh between e36 and e46 with has a RM diference of another 50K. of course newer car better Mah! B)

ed

hmm, i jsut found out tat myself today bout the climate ctrl, after 95, its all digital ctrl. correct me if im wrong, 325, inline 6, single vanos (just found out today also, hehehe). i've learn so many things at one go today, thks to ken.

for electronics part, i rather keep it simple n ori lor, scare later got prob le!

bro,

go for e34 la... significantly lower price...

then u got lots of moolah left to do the pimpin'.

bigger body summore with excellent chassis..... :wink:

if u are afraid of electronics, go for simpler m20b25 (like mine :D :D) hehe

rgds

p.s. knew someone who has "upgraded" from e36 to e34... heheh

Originally posted by lipisbimmer@Feb 7 2006, 04:02 PM
bro,

go for e34 la... significantly lower price...

then u got lots of moolah left to do the pimpin'.

bigger body summore with excellent chassis..... :wink:

if u are afraid of electronics, go for simpler m20b25 (like mine :D :D) hehe

rgds

p.s. knew someone who has "upgraded" from e36 to e34... heheh
Urh? Who? Anyone I know? :dunno: :D

Actually body upgrade but engine downgrade. :( Now trying to upgrade the engine to 2.5L or more to get back the ommph!

Originally posted by edward@Feb 7 2006, 03:16 PM
i checked out mervs car already. he is asking for 70K i think. but i'm a bit aprehensive as theres is a after market shiftronic.takut will have probs later. u know the eletronics in BMW sensitive. but all in all its a good car. its just that i don't really like to touch any cars electronic systems.
u mean the switchlogic?? That has been around for years aledi. And as far as I know, it's an add-on which can be removed.

Top Bottom