Inaugural BMW Club Malaysia Treasure Hunt 2009

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
berserkdroid;400824 said:
Just got back from the mechanic...

The pin connecting the Gear selector lever to the gearbox had snapped in half, leaving the car stuck in 5th gear. Now using a No. 10 bolt as a temporary fix until the part arrives. Will probably have to change the clutch set as well as it got cooked going uphill... :(

Other than that, all is fine. All bolts to the suspension are still there! :D

Special thanks to Bros Suhaimi850 and Redbaron for keeping an eye out for us.

Let's drive again soon!

Glad to know that you guys arrived safely... :)

Anyone uploading any pics soon... Can't wait to view em!

BlackCat

fabianyee;400820 said:
Only one clue which confused us was for the national symbol... We saw a Hotel Bunga Raya before the traffic light as shown in the tulips. But Taman Bunga Raya was found after the traffic light.. So we were tossing between Hotel Bunga Raya and Taman Bunga Raya.. hmmmm.....

...and also in between that area for that clue there was a Light Box with a Picture of a Hibiscus on it with the word Sri Maju underneath it...another confusing one was the 'kopi o berbuih' the way it was worded it was as though the answer wanted was the name of the forumer rather than a product..anyways Im not complaining just highlighting certain things that may be improved for the next hunt...

Suggestion to Comittee...

Can u guys upload the pictures of the treasure hunt in a CD....pas tu jual lah kat members...kalu nak download confirm jem pc.....

racheltoh;400732 said:
Aiyo, my eyes were blinded..got big rock also cannot see...maybe i was focusing on cutting lanes..

Btw, melaka boys....u blaff me huh... u know..we were looking for Jyazid store on the way....then the Kopi0buih was the clue for us. *phew*

actually we look at the clue after have breakfast with u girls,then we notice is okow after saw the sign board.sorry about that...:adore:

to the comittee & friends ,

on behalf of the ipoh & penang team , pls accept our sincere thanks
for the warm hospitality . we had a good time & looking forward to
join future events .

many congratulations to the winning team !

Congratulations
To Commitee,winners,volunteers..
We were having FUN thru d journey n d ANSWER too....hahahaha..
Cheers...

lamoo;400784 said:
The prize money from my 4th prize also not enough to pay for my paint job.

.....eerrrr... does this mean you cannot split the prize 50 - 50 with me?..hehehe.

lamoo;400784 said:
Thanks very much to the Treasure Hunt Organising Committee for a job well done.:top::41::top::41:

Yes I lost half of my passenger door paint as well as a few spots on my boot. :102::bawling::bawling:

The prize money from my 4th prize also not enough to pay for my paint job.

Also it took a lot of effort and time to peel off the riken stickers for just a $200 discount voucher prize. Not worth sticking it to our cars. It did more damage than the worth of the $200 dollar voucher.

Perhaps next time the sponsors should consider those magnetised ad panels instead. Just slap it onto the panel of your doors and remove it effortlessly....some of these stickers are not meant for certain surfaces.

Good to know the Hunt went well...well done committee....nice photos droid...can't wait for more photos...:top:

racheltoh;400772 said:
oo another question.. anyone face problems with removing the stickers...

All stickers were removed easily except the Rike Cool (blue) ones :eek:

XXX;400548 said:
1.Coconut Island Cafe ( tree on island)
2. Vintage (something old...)
3. Kelab Golf Batang Padang (...tiger roam)
4. Hazard Light - Blinking traffic Light - (...something that blinks..)
5. Balai Polis ..(Im 73 years Old) *Organiser made mistake in question so everybody got points for this....but I got to share this....somebody answered 'my wife' and last night he had to sleep at the hotel lobby....hahhahahahhahah
6. Woo Locksmith (...movie director)
7. Taman Bunga Raya (...national Symbol)
8.. Tmn Teratai (...blooms in the water)
9. Guinness (...kopi O buih)
10. Bt 19 (...number behind rock)
11. Rumah Peranginan DBKL (...cityhall lives here)
12. Boh Tea (..famous in CH)
13. Lake Hse (..old cottage)
14. Petronas ( sponsors a German driver)
15. Kem Slim (...where you go to lose weight)
16. Cameron Highlands Resort (...own by billionaire)
17. Hotel Titiwangsa (famous lake in KL)
18. Strawberry Park. (famous park in CH)

Im not sure whether its in chronological order though...but this is as far as I can remember..

Treasure:

1.Mars, Kit Kat, Twister
2. Labu Sayung
3. Roses
4. Earl Gray Tea

Bro XXX,
That is your answer,or the our Commitee Members answer??

Jerman;401089 said:
All stickers were removed easily except the Rike Cool (blue) ones :eek:

hhehehe...had no problem with those, it flew off on the journey back....had some remnants but just used cellophane tape to remove it....

U mean the answers were not announced during the dinner?

Jerman, yes the Rikacool stickers leaving me memories now...furthermore i just done full detailing about 2 weeks ago nia..

Chili: ya lor..give me walkie talkie also no use. page u many times, but i guess u all drive so fast.

btw, some "future improvement" tips:
- technically not supposed to use a hazard light as there are many hazard lights around ...
- batu 19: it's like using any of the road markers lah ... so many rocks u know..
- put the points indication after each question, so that we go for the questions / treasures with most points..hehehe

suhaimi850;401100 said:
Bro XXX,
That is your answer,or the our Commitee Members answer??

Committee lah....

racheltoh;401109 said:
U mean the answers were not announced during the dinner?
It was announced...and it was hysterical too, you should have been there that was the highlight of the day.

Jerman, yes the Rikacool stickers leaving me memories now...furthermore i just done full detailing about 2 weeks ago nia..

Chili: ya lor..give me walkie talkie also no use. page u many times, but i guess u all drive so fast.

btw, some "future improvement" tips:
- technically not supposed to use a hazard light as there are many hazard lights around ...
FYI this was just 1 single light standing on its own in between the area of the clue, but
I do agree that it shouldnt have been used bcos I think most of us were looking for the answer on a signboard bcos they can be many answers to it, one may call it a traffic light, some may call it a warning light and so on.

- batu 19: it's like using any of the road markers lah ... so many rocks u know.
..but this one was extra large you wouldnt have missed it...if you were looking for it

Btw, what is the answer to question being asked at the Ikan Kepala shop?

racheltoh;401114 said:
Btw, what is the answer to question being asked at the Ikan Kepala shop?

Rubberband, Wristband, Headband, Broadband.......but not husband.

guys, from what i know...its 10 points for each correct answer and 5 points each for the correct treasure....anything close to warning light/blinking light are all given full points (10) so no issues here.

the "i am 73 years old" question was a mistake in calculation so all participants got freebie marks for that one. malaka boys went to the extent of looking for a tombstone at the nearby cemetary for the name of the 73 year old person! LOL !!

XXX;401116 said:
Rubberband, Wristband, Headband, Broadband.......but not husband.

I answer headband, but Grace wrote "wrong" on my tulips :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom