IN ugent need of you guys help.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
A

armereth

Mine is a 96 E34 manualProblem:1) When I step on the clutch for a couple of times, it gets softer and softer and eventually almost touch the floor. I then have to put my foot behind the clutch pedal and lift it up. This works for a while it will get softer again after a few steps.Was told that the spring at the pedal is not strong to push the pedal back up. Or it could be the pump problem. If yes, any idea how much?2) I desperately need advise on supercharger. Anyone out there who knows how to service (change bearing) etc. Please PM me.ThanksArms

Originally posted by armereth@Mar 14 2005, 02:37 PM
Mine is a 96 E34 manual

Problem:
1) When I step on the clutch for a couple of times, it gets softer and softer and eventually almost touch the floor. I then have to put my foot behind the clutch pedal and lift it up. This works for a while it will get softer again after a few steps.

Was told that the spring at the pedal is not strong to push the pedal back up. Or it could be the pump problem. If yes, any idea how much?
either ur input or output cylinder clutch is gone...check for leaks..

Originally posted by pussy@Mar 14 2005, 02:40 PM
bring your car to TT and well see it..

regards.
I am afraid it may not last until the next TT (friday?).

As for the supercharger, the belt has been cut to disable it. Make some frantic search on Autoworld for contact on supercharger. Found I guy in Tmn Ehsan (dragger racing) not sure how good but I need second opinion. What do you guys think?

Thanks

amereth, are you the one with a e34 M50B32TU with supercharger kit ?

Originally posted by pussy@Mar 14 2005, 06:30 PM
amereth, are you the one with a e34 M50B32TU with supercharger kit ?
Yes. Why?

Anyway, bought used. Not original 3.2 but was bored to 3.2. So does it consider as MB50B32TU?

Apparently the problem is I have is much much simpler than originally diagnosed. May not even cost me a single cent to fix it. Was given one hell of a scare by the first mechanic. It is indeed good to have a second opinion.

Anyway, finger cross, by tomorrow, I will be back on the road with everything in it (read WITH IT SOUL)

Originally posted by Zoggee@Mar 15 2005, 12:38 AM
time to change ur clutch pump..inside out...!!! both..!! :)
Did not changed the clutch pump. But got the mechanic to check on leaks and flush out old oil last nite. The oil is very dirty. Hopefully this will solve the clutch problem. Can only know this evening.

armereth, hehehe .. this car is a very fast one..btw, the supercharger needs to be overhauled, new bearings, seals etc..
anyway, hope you manage to repair that supercharger.. it will cost a bomb, might as well get a new one..
or chuck it out and have fun with the 3.2 liter with the cams and extractors thats on the car.. it's a wonderful car...

regards.

pussy..

Originally posted by pussy@Mar 15 2005, 11:21 AM
armereth, hehehe .. this car is a very fast one..btw, the supercharger needs to be overhauled, new bearings, seals etc..
anyway, hope you manage to repair that supercharger.. it will cost a bomb, might as well get a new one..
or chuck it out and have fun with the 3.2 liter with the cams and extractors thats on the car.. it's a wonderful car...

regards.

pussy..
Wah! You seems to know about this car. You know the previous owner or you from the tuning house? Do you have any idea how much to service the supercharger?

By this evening I will know whether the repair is workable or not? Yes, I know even without the supercharger it is still a fast one but then I paid a premium for this because of the supercharger. I just can't live without it!!! Worst come to worst, I will overhaul it myself!!! Don't think it is that difficult. Got a look at it yesterday, the construction is pretty straightforward. The only problem I may have is the getting bearing.

Pussy knows it all. That is a nice car you bought. Change the belts and bearings, get it serviced and you are on your way. The local shops may not be able to open it and seal it back properly so you may have to ship it back to ERT or so...

Where is ERT?

BTW, got the car back just now. Good news! The supercharger is not making any more noise. Very pleased with it. Furthermore, the is no leaking in the clutch pump. Just the change of oil is good enough. Again, very happy.

But the are some knocking sound coming from the area at the front of the engine, right behind the radiator. The Vanos area right? Is this normal?

How about you? Do you know the owner too? Someone saw me driving this car in KL and called the previous owner checking whether has the car being stolen!!!

yes, WJ and me and a lot more others knows the former owner.. don't worry the car and engine has been well taken care off..i believe WJ said that you need to service it at the manufacturer..

the sound at the back of the radiator ? bring the car to this friday TT and we'll check it out.

regards..

Originally posted by pussy@Mar 16 2005, 03:11 PM
yes, WJ and me and a lot more others knows the former owner.. don't worry the car and engine has been well taken care off..i believe WJ said that you need to service it at the manufacturer..

the sound at the back of the radiator ? bring the car to this friday TT and we'll check it out.

regards..
Yes. I will come this friday TT. Still at Showru I hope.

Cheers
Arms

Top Bottom