image for signature

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jarance

Founding Member
Recently, I have observed that some of the forumer have used signature that are quite big. eg. 1024 X 768 or 800 X 600 pixel..Standard size of picture taken by camera are as follow:-1. 1024 x 768 (High resolution)2. 800 x 600 (Normal resolution)3. 640 x 480 (Low resolution)4. 340 x 240. (video format).I have used a 400 X 65 pixel (after photo edit and cropping) in gif format. It does not used up too much vertical space and memory but at the same time it create the effect that I want... So what is the optimum size your signature should be..without :-1. used too much vertical space.2. band width or memory (especially for dial up)3. horizontal scrool button enable to squeeze the picture along the breath of this forum to read the thread.

yep, I remember reading someone posting recently that some signatures are making life difficult for those with handhelds or something. I've sized down my signatures to avoid causing problems for them .... :D

Agree , there should be a limit on the size as some peoples' signatures makes reading the forum really troublesome.

Originally posted by keray@Dec 27 2004, 05:53 PM Agree , there should be a limit on the size as some peoples' signatures makes reading the forum really troublesome.
At the moment the administrator is not limiting the size of the pixel but only the memory size to 80K byte. however, I agreed that the width and height so be limited to a more appropiate size. In addition it should limited to one image only.

Yup - and some have blinky lights on them too - hahaha!

Originally posted by 3er@Dec 27 2004, 06:34 PM Yup - and some have blinky lights on them too - hahaha!
you mean my blinky eye is very distracting ? if don't like I will change... sigh... :(

Originally posted by jarance@Dec 27 2004, 06:36 PM you mean my blinky eye is very distracting ? if like I will change... sigh... :(
I like your blinky lights .. :D

Originally posted by dimples@Dec 27 2004, 06:37 PM I like your blinky lights .. :D
Thank dimples. At least i have a person who like it. ;)

Top Bottom