Idrive opening message

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Guna

Club Guest
Could anybody tell me what does it show on your Idrive when you turn on your ignition?I should think the letter BMW or the logo would be the 1st thing but in my case it goes to the insert map dvd message and I have to depress the Idrive once to get to the main menu.In the beginning it was ok but it's getting a little irritating now to have to do this every time.Is there anyway I could set it back to what it's suppose to be?Thanks guys

Bro, my scanner couldnt read the photostated copy of the list of compatible phones to email to you. If you still want the list just pm me your fax. Yes it should be the BMW logo onece your key is stuck in the ignition. No idead how to get it to default though.

mine goes to the screen that I last shut down the car.... dun think it showed BMW logo first..... shall go check it out later....

Mine go to the I Drive Menu n in 2 seconds request'g for phone pairing

Hi Guna, you might have been using the split screen function and you selected to display something related to navigation in your split screen. This will be the case if you are having the IDrive with navigation function and you do not have a navigation CD in it.

Mine shows the BMW logo sometimes.

E90-3100;459259 said:
Hi Guna, you might have been using the split screen function and you selected to display something related to navigation in your split screen. This will be the case if you are having the IDrive with navigation function and you do not have a navigation CD in it.

Mine shows the BMW logo sometimes.

Yo man....I don't have the split screen thingy on my Idrive.I've got the smaller screen version

Guna;459342 said:
Yo man....I don't have the split screen thingy on my Idrive.I've got the smaller screen version

Your smaller screen version comes with navigation capabilities or not?

E90-3100;459374 said:
Your smaller screen version comes with navigation capabilities or not?

I was told no,it doesn't though it says insert map DVD

Guna , fear not i get back to you on this let me finish finding my bmw dis , i brought a GT1 interface so it should all those STUPID idrive issue once and for all

dark1234;459389 said:
Guna , fear not i get back to you on this let me finish finding my bmw dis , i brought a GT1 interface so it should all those STUPID idrive issue once and for all

fren, for idrive u should have bought the OPS interface instead of the GT1...most of the e60 multimedia network is programmed via the MOST bus instead of the OBDII port...

ya , iwanted an isis , but no stock , GT1 can also do reprogram as long we tell SSS to use OBDII port instead of MOST , but when doing SSS/Program upgrade need MOST as GT1 do program upgrade will take days, a Progman upgrade from OPS will take 5 - 8 hour , GT1 will take 5 - 6 days , but diagnostic and hacking does not require OPS. but since the GT1 is cheap so i just brought one, next time will buy ISIS ( ICOM A + B + C ) so even i get F10 it will be supported, but at the moment its all E60 - E65 and E46 at my place so not much of hassle. just need GT1 to resolve all stupid idrive problem and also do some programming

dark1234;459424 said:
ya , iwanted an isis , but no stock , GT1 can also do reprogram as long we tell SSS to use OBDII port instead of MOST , but when doing SSS/Program upgrade need MOST as GT1 do program upgrade will take days, a Progman upgrade from OPS will take 5 - 8 hour , GT1 will take 5 - 6 days , but diagnostic and hacking does not require OPS. but since the GT1 is cheap so i just brought one, next time will buy ISIS ( ICOM A + B + C ) so even i get F10 it will be supported, but at the moment its all E60 - E65 and E46 at my place so not much of hassle. just need GT1 to resolve all stupid idrive problem and also do some programming

yes to do the software update takes too long on the GT1 as the OBDII is not able to support high data transfer rate...

the GT1 u get is the china copy or the factory issued one? how much u paid for it?

what i understand 80% of problem DIS can do error code clear better than xlaunch 441, so thats why i brought it , i said "CHEAP" so must be china one lor , even china version go soo many version by manufacturing area.

it shud show the bmw logo .....try browsing the menu and set dispaly to your requirement ....

dzuljazz2001;459540 said:
it shud show the bmw logo .....try browsing the menu and set dispaly to your requirement ....

I did and all it shows is set clock,date and so on.....

dark1234,by any chance are you running a workshop?I would love to pop in to your place if you do

Top Bottom