iDrive Dosent Work

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Damonzero

Club Guest
Greetings,This morning when i try to reverse my car suddenly the iDrive went black, since then it couldnt be on again, what happened? Had tried restarting the car, plugging off the battery etc... nothing seems to work.Help :(

Same thing happened to mine a month back. Can you play your radio or CD or whatever? Do you have the beep-beep when you reverse? If you do, then maybe your screen KO only. If no sound at all, then looks like CCC could be kaput. That's the worse case scenario.

Another option is if you have a 6 disc changer in yr glove compartment. Go to the accessory shop and ask them to take the unit out and clean it up a little and then plug it back. I took out my changer to get it repaired recently and found that the screen would sometimes come on and sometimes not. I spoke with the tech guys and they said it's normal cause a relay in there sometimes recognizes (or does not) the idrive thus sometimes the screen comes on - sometimes not.

thanks guy i will try it out!!

if anyone have anymore advice will be highly appreciated!!

Simplest instead of speculating is to just bring it to your usual mechanic. Plug in the diagnostic tool and can tell what the problem is

Damenzero, what's the outcome? Any news?

As soon as i plugged in my cd changer unit when I got it back from repairs everything worked without a hitch again. Hope you found a solution as well!

Hi guys mine is 05 525i ckd, no cd changer or DVD or nav, no it doesn't go blank anymore instead it will go to main menu, radio got audio for 2-3 sec then silent again (screen freeze and knob no response) after a minute or so it works again. PDC wasted coz the freezing time is more then "ok" time lol!

Is updating the software will help it or I should just change it to ccc once and for all?

If possible I would opt for the easier and economical solutions, I welcome any suggestion or advice,

thanks in advance,

Damon

Maybe try to go for reprogramming/upgrading first. See if it makes any difference. Also, do you have bluetooth? That can also cause freezing.

ok bro alxy thanks i will try reprogramming/upgrading 1st, btw where is recommended to do it, i saw some members said it cost only RM350 to update and reprogramme ecu right?

Btw i'm from Klang Valley

Affan did his in KL I believe (check his threads). I may be interested to do it as well if we can get it cheaper by numbers :)

This is reprogram CCC, not ECU. Different I think? Obermaier would be able to do that for you. Price, I don't know. You have to ask Freddie.

Nope since the screen is doing fine, just the motherboard itself (the receipt says electric charger) which located on the left side of the boot.

Will snap a photo and post it up soon

boy, if that happens to me i will just change the whole ccc since mine is jap spec and the price of the motherboard is close to it :)

not sure but i read in the forum here in one of the threads something like 4k+? Again, have not done it nor know of anyone doing it recently so really am not sure ler...;)

Yes, CCC price gone down now to around RM4K+. If you look around, you might be able to get some 2nd hand CCC for around RM2K also, but if course, no guarantees.

Im watching this thread with great interest as my iDrive also went bonkers 2 days ago :(:(:( ....

Top Bottom