I need to choose: Mich PS-2 vs CSC3 tires :Which?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

william_chan

Club Guest
Hi my fellow Beemer owners,:top: I need to replace the worn out tires on a BMW 530. I've narrowed my choices down to CSC3 (Continental) and PS-2 (Michelin).:smokin: My first preference is a fairly quiet comfortable family ride. Which is the better one to buy and why? :rock: Thanks

Currently using CSC2 (not 3) on the front - ok, but slipped twice. Maybe was just some odd ocassion.

PS2 is nice, comfy and sticky, full of confidence during hard cornering, but wears out pretty quick - less than 6 months for my rear tyres.

Now changed rear to Yoko Advan v103, only 10 days old. So far ok, but too early to say. But somehow I feel much more confident with Yoko than Conti - maybe becaus Conti failed me before.

im more prefer michelin even ps2/pp2, booth sticky on wet & dry ..
(will feel more comfort... maybe the tyre soft.. kua..)

CSC3? nobody?

I will not consider Michelin PP 2 because this is really an average performance tire. My friend has it and really disappointed with it. It seem to be only slightly better in cornering but lousy in comfort and more noisier when comparing to his older Bridgestone GR80. Regretted buy.

From overseas reviews, the Michelin PS-2 is a different tire altogether and reknown for true performance.

My major concern is which is quieter and more comfortable for family ride purposes yet retaining basic excellent grip hence my choice of ultra low profile tires here.

Another friend had very good comments on his CSC2 (older to the new CSC3) except noise was a little high. Altho my car can corner quite good at the moment, I do not intend to corner fast especially on wet roads. :wink: (No intention to go up there yet)

A foreigner-friend recommended me to try Yokohama V103 but he also complain about the noise levels after a month of use. He has no experience with Michelin PS-2.

How the V103 compare to Michelin PS-2, I really don't know. Can anyone help?
:rolleyes:

i wan quiet tires

AstroCreep;286401 said:
Currently using CSC2 (not 3) on the front - ok, but slipped twice. Maybe was just some odd ocassion.

PS2 is nice, comfy and sticky, full of confidence during hard cornering, but wears out pretty quick - less than 6 months for my rear tyres.

Now changed rear to Yoko Advan v103, only 10 days old. So far ok, but too early to say. But somehow I feel much more confident with Yoko than Conti - maybe becaus Conti failed me before.

I agree with astroCREEP !

But one thing surprises me...wat abt the NOISE lah :39: :102:

csc2 i HAV IT BE4. Acutally not bad when I think now. Slightly more quieter than Michellin Pilot Sport 2!!! I have the PS2 now on my E60. It is slightly grippyier than CSC2 but more noise lah! My wife hates it. No matter wat I do or lower the psi, still quite noisy and very firm ride. Maybe for racing PS2 is great but for me driving to KL from Sierramas daily in the jam is really too firm and not comfortable.

I don know first hand abt the new CSC3. But frm wat I read in autoworld and autocar magazine 2007 issue, CSC3 is noisyier than PS2.

AstroCREEP, is your new ADvan103 quieter than CSC2? Share more lah. Im seriously tinking of changing tires.

calling mr astrocreep >>> anyone with Advan103

xxxx;287246 said:
I agree with astroCREEP !

But one thing surprises me...wat abt the NOISE lah :39: :102:

csc2 i HAV IT BE4. Acutally not bad when I think now. Slightly more quieter than Michellin Pilot Sport 2!!! I have the PS2 now on my E60. It is slightly grippyier than CSC2 but more noise lah! My wife hates it. No matter wat I do or lower the psi, still quite noisy and very firm ride. Maybe for racing PS2 is great but for me driving to KL from Sierramas daily in the jam is really too firm and not comfortable.

I don know first hand abt the new CSC3. But frm wat I read in autoworld and autocar magazine 2007 issue, CSC3 is noisyier than PS2.

AstroCREEP, is your new ADvan103 quieter than CSC2? Share more lah. Im seriously tinking of changing tires.

:party: :nurse:
ASTROCREEP...
How does the Advan 103 (yokohama) compare to previous tires?

TTang

TTang;287260 said:
CSC3 good than PS2 me no read me use then tell

:driver: :questionmark:

Mr Ttang

In your personal experience, CSC3 is better in what way? What is your previous tire?

Everyone has its own tolerance level for tire noise. There is always the trade off between performance tires and normal tires. You cant have both. Performance tires will always be noisy due to the construction of the tire thread for optimum grip. Anyway I am using CSC3 now. To me, the tire noise is acceptable with good grip in wet and dry vs the PS 2. PS 2 has a soft tire wall while CSC3 has a firmer construction.

Top Bottom