how to keep wheels clean???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

c-square

Club Guest
Guys... can you share with me how you guys keep your rims consistently clean? I am at my wits end trying to do so but to no avail. Brake dusts form ever so quickly and the rims will always be black by the end of the week. Just hate to have to clean those rims so often, especially the inner parts which is difficult to reach. Any solutions or compound to spray on them to prevent those brake dusts from sticking?

There was this solution that some here use. The solution is sprayed on to the wheels and in a few minutes turns purple/reddish brown[?] after the application.

Rinse off with lots of water and... PRESTO! Your rims shines as if its just out of the box... Anyone still uses this, and whats the review after prolonged use? Care to share your product experience?

Have anyone wonder why the rear side have less brake dust as compare to the front wheels?

in my humble opinion, the front wheels have more dust than the rears due to more braking effort being put on the front brakes (mainly due to inertia), hence more amount of dust is produced :)

i'm currently using Hawk HPS pads which is a harder compound hence less dust produced..better stopping power than stock too :)

some review on Hawk HPS pads:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471337

haywire;820060 said:
3 times wash a week should do it. Dust is dust.
Wah, Harwire..... Banyak rajin, wash 3x a week. I turun padang once a week also complaining already. Haha

c-square;820134 said:
Thanks, Unker Jarance. If this stuff works, I think this is what I am looking for

I never try this stuff.. I simply hantam one.

OnR - OK lar.

With OnR, you still need to scrub the wheels to remove the grime/brake dust, no? I just too lazy to scrub, especially in those hard to reach places like the inner parts of the rims and the edges between the spokes. I just want something that after application, I can just spray with water to remove those black stuff

c-square;820133 said:
Wah, Harwire..... Banyak rajin, wash 3x a week. I turun padang once a week also complaining already. Haha

Not me...just saying hehe. maybe do it if you're really fussy and have time. Once a week is more like it.

Actually in my apartment there's this guy who offers to wash the car 3x a week for RM40 a month.

Tried it one month but didnt really like it, he misses a lot of corners due to washing the car in the parking lot at night in the dark.

I am just amazed and filled with admiration for those cars that have spotless rims.

Any way to coat the rims so that the dust doesn't really stick to it?

I use to use Sonax Full Effect. Then I got lazy, still have 2 bottles sitting at home. They are only washed when I send to the car wash. If I wash at home, I skip the wheels.

Alternatively, powder coat your wheels black or buy black wheel :)

Top Bottom