How To Get Your Registration Card

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

yoke

Club Guest
Anybody knows how to get your Registration Card (RC) to your car from the finance company for your safekeeping. I know that they don't have the right to hold on to the RC but it seems that they just refuse to hand it over to you, worse you need to leave your IC if you want to take the RC for some purpose. Does anyone knows any good reason to take the RC from the finance:1. To Renew road tax2. For engine change3. Thks

The car belongs to them until you settle the loan... So they have the right to keep the RC la. Hence the term hire purchase loan heh.

For Public Bank, you can have it after paying the loan for 1 year. But for AMBank, you need to pay at least 50% of the loan before you can have the card.

This are based on personal experience.

Public Bank - if change engine before one year
Prepare your custom form and then get the permission letter for engine change from the bank. The officer will give u the reg card after you pay RM50

if renew roadtax... dun pass back the card la :D

For HLB is also after 1 year , thne you can have the RC for your own save keeping.

That's the thing. When you guys said that after 1 year or 50% paid or something. Does this mean you simply ask from the branch that you want to get your RC for your safekeeping, and they will hand it to you??

-take the card, leave ur ic
-report ur ic missing
-if the bank chase u, tell them ur cat eat the card
:p

hahahahaa...u should be the joker instead of the crow.

anyway, just get the card out and say renew roadtax ke, car accident and need it to claim insurance ke or cook up some story lah.

sometimes it depend on your monthly payment! if your track record is good, there should't be any problems. only certain banks will release the RC to you!

After the 1st year, I requested for the card to pay for road tax... after that, I just keep it with me. They didn't keep my IC. And I believe it all comes down to good payment records.

yoke said:
Anybody knows how to get your Registration Card (RC) to your car from the finance company for your safekeeping. I know that they don't have the right to hold on to the RC but it seems that they just refuse to hand it over to you, worse you need to leave your IC if you want to take the RC for some purpose. Does anyone knows any good reason to take the RC from the finance:
1. To Renew road tax
2. For engine change

Thks

Go there bang table. They Have no right to hold your RC or Your IC period. The only reason thay hold it is because they want to sell you their insurance for your car.

u r rite bimmer73, please cool down & come & join us for the makan outing before TT tiss friday

Yes I second Bimmer 73's views. As for me I got my Registration Card the first year I wanted to renew my road tax. As for my previous car, I got my card the second month. But once I went to AM Bank to get my card and they refused to hand it over to me. I demanded and made noise and requested to see the manager in charge. In the end they handed it to me. The only reason they keep the card is either for them to sell their Insurance or to make sure that you dont get to renew your Road Tax if you have outstandings. Let me teach you guys a trick. Go to them and tell them that you wanna renew your Road Tax but you have Traffic summons to settle. Ask them whether if they can get the road tax without settling the summons. They will sure say no! Just tell them that you have Lobang and can get the road tax. They will have to hand it to you with condition that you have to return it to them upon use. Get the card and CABUT!!! Thats it. Sometimes if there is 2 months pending, they will ask you to settle before handing the card. It depends. There is no such thing that you cannot get the card out for safe keeping. A cars Registration card is different then a motorcycle's card. Motorcycle loans are not given by Banks but CREDIT companies. So they prefer to hold the card until the end of the loan period. Be smart and learn how to DEMAND for something which is yours. Act as if you know the proccess very well and let them know that you cant do much with the card because the Banks HAKMILIK Chop is on the card. DEMAND FOR YOUR RIGHTS!!!!!:)

I always had the impression that the financier has the right to hold the RC instead of the registered owner of the vehicle. So hard for you to demand for something which is rightfully not yours (yet).

But such is life, if enough noise and hoo hah is made, they might pass it to you out of goodwill. But I think the part of CABUTING with the RC after agreeing with the Financier to return the RC is not so right la... Makes life tough for the fella working there trying to do a good job who stuck his head out to trust you only to kena burnt... :)

Doesn't make much difference as to who keeps the card. If the bank keeps it, it's better for me as it's their responsibility to safe keep it. I use an independent insurance agency and never buy from the bank.

R/tax and Ins due...just call the agent and he does everything from collecting the card, to returning the card to the bank and to even sending the roadtax to my house.All for a small fee. Saves me time and energy.

jeffreyewe said:
Doesn't make much difference as to who keeps the card. If the bank keeps it, it's better for me as it's their responsibility to safe keep it. I use an independent insurance agency and never buy from the bank.

R/tax and Ins due...just call the agent and he does everything from collecting the card, to returning the card to the bank and to even sending the roadtax to my house.All for a small fee. Saves me time and energy.

So true.. I do the same. And based on my past experience with every other car I owned, all I had to do was type out a formal letter indicating that the redrawal of the RC was for road tax renewal purposes and will be handled entirely by my insurance agent. Authorise your agent by stating his name and ID number and assure them at the bottom of the letter that you'll be returning the card as and when it is completed.

I NEVER returned them.. and they NEVER chased me for it :D

Top Bottom