How to clean up engine oil in the Boot

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

etquah

Today accidently spill old but unused engine in my car boot due to the cap not close properly. Most of it flow down to the plastic tray below. How to I clean it ?Any side effect if the oil flow down to the car ? What is under the boot tray ?

use saw dust if can get, or not pure cement, then brush it and vacuum it away.

for immediate action, place newspaper on it and try to remove it as much as possible. later use fab to soak it and wash away.

ET, better to remove all the plastic tray and wipe off the spilled oil with old newpaper.

The residual oil can then be wiped off with a detergent (liquid soap) and water. leave it to
dry under the sunlight and replace the plastic cover.

btw, under the plastic cover are the battery, maybe some wire.

thanks. then i better send in to remove the tray. tried to remove it but it stuck somewhere and can't lift it up. my car battery is on the right side of the boot, so i think it is safe.

etquah;714404 said:
thanks. then i better send in to remove the tray. tried to remove it but it stuck somewhere and can't lift it up. my car battery is on the right side of the boot, so i think it is safe.

send to karl auto service. It free. Here is the some of the part in the trunk.

BMW parts catalog

Where is this Karl Auto ? Any address ? Who should I look for ? I think I am free to go tomorrow afternoon. Dont know which part that I had missed out.

Karl Auto is somewhere in Bandar Utama and heard he is extremely knowledgeable with service & maintenance of e90. Labor charges wise, I heard Karl Auto is also very reasonable. If you do have time, belanja a few cold ones with the boss and he will certainly give priority service for your car.

etquah;714637 said:
Where is this Karl Auto ? Any address ? Who should I look for ? I think I am free to go tomorrow afternoon. Dont know which part that I had missed out.

et, just joking lah.. karl auto is actually astroboy lah. call him first.

Ha ha.. ya-la maybe he should start one. Sure many support from members. Calling Astroboy....!!!

Currency used is Tiger, Carlsberg, Asahi, Anchor, Guiness. Which one is his preference ?

etquah;714789 said:
Currency used is Tiger, Carlsberg, Asahi, Anchor, Guiness. Which one is his preference ?

I think the prefer currency is Kilkenny or paulaner.

Get yourself some degreaser - preferably the foaming spray type, and spray them down (test a hidden patch first for color removal) and blot, repeat.

You can also try the Gojo orange hand cleaner, but this is harder to clean out of the leather when your done.

Afterward use a good quality leather protectant/reconditioner to help keep the leather supple.

Top Bottom