how safe it is to leave a garmin gps sticking on your windscreen?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ess530i

Club Guest
hi all...what are the chances of people smashing your windscreen for a 1000bucks GPS?anyone got any view or experience to share?

Some crazy people will smash ur windscreen fer ur RM90-RM200 bucks SmartTag .. even loose coins ..

aRRrgghh;330561 said:
Some crazy people will smash ur windscreen fer ur RM90-RM200 bucks SmartTag .. even loose coins ..
i 101% agree with u, so ess530i u better dun try

better not take that risk...any valuable items for that matter should be hidden out of sight

It's like leaving your wallet with RM100 notes sticking out on your dashboard...maybe worse than that....hahahah...

ok i get the point...and darn now i know the disadvantage of an external GPS

ess530i;330557 said:
hi all...what are the chances of people smashing your windscreen for a 1000bucks GPS?

anyone got any view or experience to share?

Would you like to share why you want to leave your garmin hanging on the windscreen?

funfer_fahrer;330996 said:
Would you like to share why you want to leave your garmin hanging on the windscreen?

so that i can look at it when i am driving and it is inconvenient to remove it every time i park my car

ess530i;331000 said:
so that i can look at it when i am driving and it is inconvenient to remove it every time i park my car

I have a garmin as well. I purposely bought the smallest unit so that I can conveniently store it in my pocket everytime I leave my car. I normally leave the holder hanging.

dont leave the holder hanging at the windscreen..
some bloke might just smash to try his luck

funfer_fahrer;331002 said:
I have a garmin as well. I purposely bought the smallest unit so that I can conveniently store it in my pocket everytime I leave my car. I normally leave the holder hanging.

hmmm...i would consider that inconvenient and i think even the smallest unit has like a 4" screen. wondering how the 1st world countries like US, UK, Japan & Singapore, compare with malaysia in this aspect of safety...

The cars are being broken into to steal the GPS units as it is getting very popular to have a unit. It depends which area u are in the US.

It's like this, please tell me where you park regularly.........hehehehee

On a serious note, knowing the Malaysian mentality, don't do it. If windows are smashed regularly for smart tags, laptops, handphones, ipods......do you really think that advertising a Garmin on your windscreen is a wise move?

Actually, GPS theft in US/UK is also skyrocketing as they become more popular. Not only will they break into your car if they see an empty holder, since the GPS is usually just hidden somewhere inside, but thieves even look for suction cup marks on the windscreen now that people also hide the holder.

also happens quite frequently in australia. i heard they will smash your window even if your holder and gps are not visible and they see the marks from the suction cup on the windscreen :eek:

ess530i;330557 said:
hi all...what are the chances of people smashing your windscreen for a 1000bucks GPS?

anyone got any view or experience to share?

Is that a trick question or what???
DUUUHHHH!

yikes, terrible idea man!

if its removable, then remove it! if its not removable, they wont try to take it cause it cant be used on any other car

Top Bottom