how is your f10 520/523/528/535max speed?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
cw9722;660423 said:
Hi bro hillgosh and willie,
which part are you staying in jb?me from kulai:D

i am staying near to the hospital sultanah aminah jb... i go to kulai quite often for food...

Best road to test your speed IMO is LEKAS, very flat and mostly straights of more than 10km with hardly any traffic. It's as close to an autobahn as you're going to get I guess. I've gone as fast as 110km/h ;-) on that stretch, early morning KL-Seremban is almost always empty.

gameover;660575 said:
Best road to test your speed IMO is LEKAS, very flat and mostly straights of more than 10km with hardly any traffic. It's as close to an autobahn as you're going to get I guess. I've gone as fast as 110km/h ;-) on that stretch, early morning KL-Seremban is almost always empty.

impressive..!! pemanduan berhemah :top:

I was tailgated by a Toyota Camry today from Kerinchi to Desa Sri Hartamas. The driver was driving the Camry like a modified Satria, thinking they are Ferrari killers. I saw a twin exhaust on the Camry and it's definitely modified. It was pretty fast, I'd say faster than the 520d and quite close to a 528i. I'm thinking it could be a V6 Camry...

maybe toyota aurion 3.5 liter v6, seen it at naza world before. was there car shopping and ALMOST bought a toyota crown athlete with a 300+ horsepower 3.5 liter v6.

ended up with the 520d :p

gameover;660575 said:

Err, typo ah bro? 110 or 210?

But I do agree with you, LEKAS is one of the best spots to actually take your car up to speed, and quickly too. Not many sharp bends to negotiate, especially Seremban-bound.

paultantk;660803 said:
maybe toyota aurion 3.5 liter v6, seen it at naza world before. was there car shopping and ALMOST bought a toyota crown athlete with a 300+ horsepower 3.5 liter v6.

ended up with the 520d :p

Oh my, you're right Paul! The super charger version of the Aurion produces 326hp! No wonder it was out for blood! Seems BMWs and Mercs are pretty good preys...

xero200;661099 said:
Oh my, you're right Paul! The super charger version of the Aurion produces 326hp! No wonder it was out for blood! Seems BMWs and Mercs are pretty good preys...

I have spent a lot of time in Oz.
The Aurion n/a 3.5 is a good car... there are many in Australia. Pick up is great. But it is still quite wobbly around corners (maybe crap tyres) and that's why you buy a bmw, to enjoy the curves as much as the straights...
Drove the new x3 and was absolutely blown away how well it hung onto corners... for the same reason.
I think the supercharged Aurion had a short life in Australia where it was made... a whole of 6 months... whoever has it here will have to find their own spare parts...

paultantk;659871 said:
My 520d gets up to 190km/h very rapidly... but I've never been able to go above that because of traffic and don't wanna take unnecessary risks.

My "532i" gets up to that speed even faster... then engine revs too high because gearing cacat :p

i though you use 2.9something fianl drive?

serenum;661963 said:
tested on MEX highway. 230kmh max.

Haha, drive at 230km/h, and still got guts to take one hand off steering to take photo and take eyes off road! Champion!

macdaque;663853 said:
Haha, drive at 230km/h, and still got guts to take one hand off steering to take photo and take eyes off road! Champion!

My friend aka passenger took the picture when i was driving. Definitely not me.

serenum;663875 said:
My friend aka passenger took the picture when i was driving. Definitely not me.

That's' good to hear. But if I were the passenger, I would have by eyes fixated on the road, and hands held tightly to my seat, and feet firmly set against the firewall! I am such a wimp, never driven past 180km/h - my legs were wobly already.

macdaque;663902 said:
That's' good to hear. But if I were the passenger, I would have by eyes fixated on the road, and hands held tightly to my seat, and feat firmly set against the firewall! I am such a wimp, never driven past 180km/h - my legs were wobly already.

This shows the car is stable, 230km/h no feel, lol. Remember the M5 ad where the guy is drinking coffee at 330km/h?

aoch88;663980 said:
This shows the car is stable, 230km/h no feel, lol. Remember the M5 ad where the guy is drinking coffee at 330km/h?

Yup, must be quite stable. Oh, I must look for the M5 ad that you are talking about - that would be cool! Just that for me, things move too fast even at 180km/h - too many animals run across the road, personally seen a cat fly 30ft in the air upon impact, then hit another car behind - all that fur on the air! And the animal, poor thing!

Top Bottom