how 2 make my e36 318i power?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
jangan membazir. makan ribuan. lebih baik tolak terus dan ambil yang lain.

i pernah kena kutuk sama orang tua kat kampong, bunyi kuat (muffler), lari macam kapcai! kalau nak laju, belilah motor besar sikit.

seperti skar19 cakap, bantai terus evo, scoop, sky, toyol ataupun m3. mesti puas dan tak pening kepala!

Bawak laju laju mau pergi mana....mau bayar saman ka??

suggestion:

Standard stock 15 to 17...not 18...preserve your shocks larr(kasi lowered ckitt)

Stock intake to open port

aero kit...not sure much of a improvement for on-road car

Pasang devil eye....orang nampak mesti bagi potong :rofl:

Piggy back.....dengar cakap master zoggee larr...

Thru-out exhaust......manyak bising, manyak makan minyak

Bunyi macam ribut, pergi macam siput :D

1. Switch off aircond - less load on the engine
2. Reduce weight - something that I can't seem to do, also can remove rear seats, spare tyres, tools carpets etc.
3. Drive with fuel at below quarter tank full
4. Open windows - it will increase drag, but definitely will feel that u r driving fast.

:nyehehe:

Originally posted by burn@May 19 2006, 06:09 PM
jangan membazir. makan ribuan. lebih baik tolak terus dan ambil yang lain.

i pernah kena kutuk sama orang tua kat kampong, bunyi kuat (muffler), lari macam kapcai! kalau nak laju, belilah motor besar sikit.

seperti skar19 cakap, bantai terus evo, scoop, sky, toyol ataupun m3. mesti puas dan tak pening kepala!
couldn't disagree more :D :D :D

Originally posted by ichiwan2@May 19 2006, 08:34 PM
1. Switch off aircond - less load on the engine
2. Reduce weight - something that I can't seem to do, also can remove rear seats, spare tyres, tools carpets etc.
3. Drive with fuel at below quarter tank full
4. Open windows - it will increase drag, but definitely will feel that u r driving fast.

:nyehehe:
sounds like an advice from Zoggee and BART :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Since i can now say that i have both a 328 and a 318 in my garage i can say that if you want more power from a 318, unless you go forced induction, you might as well just buy a 328.

The 318 is for economical running, trying to get more power will be expensive and at the end of the day your car will still not be faster than a stock e36 325i.

Originally posted by Slide@May 22 2006, 09:55 AM
Since i can now say that i have both a 328 and a 318 in my garage i can say that if you want more power from a 318, unless you go forced induction, you might as well just buy a 328.

The 318 is for economical running, trying to get more power will be expensive and at the end of the day your car will still not be faster than a stock e36 325i.
now thats the best explanation.....talk by experience :getyourfactsright: ...nothing beats that

Originally posted by Zoggee@May 18 2006, 09:53 PM
what makes you guys think that piggyback is the best solution to give more power???

DO you guys really understands piggyback??? Do you guys know how to tune piggyback..???

Dun simply says piggyback system is the best.

haiya....issit just becos of poser ego ah like ... "I got piggyback unit.

drive stock la....you are not into racing ur car ma..... :)

aiya..I just pity those newbie being cheated like this.
I agree.. don't always think of piggyback.. sometimes doggieback also good :D

Originally posted by daan@May 18 2006, 05:09 AM
There were some rumour that says that change the 318i to \\\M logo will increase the power by 50 hp. I have never tired it. :D
yeaah it's true... additional 50hp on WHEEL... hehehe....

Originally posted by dannisboo2001@May 18 2006, 01:48 AM
hi  :yahoo:  all sifu,

how 2 make my e36 318i 96Y more powerful? other that  change engine? or any beemer try something may we share?
There is not much after performance parts for the e36 318i engine, whether its M40 or M43. The M42 would be more drivable with its high revving characteristic and higher power output at 140hp compared to the M43's 116hp.

Bolt-on that may improve the performance slightly is chip (about 10-12hp), performance cat back exhaust (5hp?) and K&N drop in filter (0-4hp). Cams will be too expensive and given the four pots negligible low end torque, that will be disastrous too.

Next is forced induction..supercharging or turbocharging. Downing Atlanta has a kit for this engine, retails at USD 3395. HP will increase to above 200 with plenty of low end torque as well. This would be the best mod for this engine.

Rgds

Originally posted by ALBundy@May 25 2006, 03:56 AM
There is not much after performance parts for the e36 318i engine, whether its M40 or M43. The M42 would be more drivable with its high revving characteristic and higher power output at 140hp compared to the M43's 116hp.

Hey Al,

Which engine does my 1999 318i come with?

Cheers.

Originally posted by DanPromote@May 28 2006, 01:59 AM
how does the carbs work on a M40 engine when it is a fuel injection engine?
i dont think it will be a problem.... it should work...

never seen before carbs used on fuel injection engine but it is quite common to upgrade to bigger carbs on carburetor engines.

Top Bottom