HID

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dwj

Club Guest
hi all..does anyone knw wats the price for HID second hand..still got 5month wacrranty..forget to ask the brand.he with high n low beam.1 of my fren wana sell it..he bought in RM1200 n wana sell for RM900.is it a good price?

nowadays, you can get HIDs for as low as 450 brandnew. the only catch is, where are they from. realiability rate, and warranty.

someguy in another forum is selling brandnew HIDs from taiwan for 500 per set.

the guy i know at BMduina, has 100 sets of original bmw H7 HIDS for sale at RM500.00 each sets, cums with balast, ignitor, bulbs without installation.. 4800 colour tempreture..

i just them and they are good..

hehehe..

Originally posted by pussy@Jul 14 2006, 12:02 PM
the guy i know at BMduina, has 100 sets of original bmw H7 HIDS for sale at RM500.00 each sets, cums with balast, ignitor, bulbs without installation.. 4800 colour tempreture..

hehehe..
Interested bro.. How to go about it??

Ya, i'm interested in them too.. Where about are they?

Originally posted by pussy@Jul 14 2006, 12:02 PM

hehehe..
check him out.. can be also found at the thread 'workshops that you go to'..

:)

haha.. i think this tread is officially been hijacked..from asking price to this. but i must say, 500 for a set of phillips hid is really dirt cheap.

hopefully these are not from a "hijacked" source as well.... apparently a container of these were hijacked up north in bayan lepas upon leaving the bocsh AL factory a few weeks back. ...

Not sure about H7 HID bulbs. But for E46, the HID bulbs they put in the OEM projectors are Osram D2S bulbs and not H7.

ohyea..1 more thing..the HID my fren sell is 8000k
but the price he gave i guess abit too exp isnt it..
since some of u all said can get a brand new HID for RM500..
wat bout the 8000k?also RM500??
can i hav the pm wer to get those RM500 HID too?

dwj, well nowadays HID sets are pretty reasonably priced in the market edi. I got mine, aftermarket retrofit Philips 6000K H1 HID kit for a mere RM 500 used from a good friend of mine.

Previously bought another set for my fiancee's car, originally AL HID 4350K HID with Philips D2S bulbs for RM 550 brand new. Btw, i've a new offer from another friend of mine....... he's selling his used 8000K D2R modded to H4 socket along with hi-low beam for a mere RM 700 negotiable. So what do u think of ur friend's asking price for his HID set?

I'm getting the 8000K hi-low beam HID for my newly-purchased Camry by end of this week. ;) Good luck in ur hunt for HID sets dwj buddy. Perhaps i can source around with my circle of friends who's planning to sell off their HID sets? What's ur budget like?

be advised, an aftermarket HIDs conversion kit will not give you the performance of a OEM install HIDs system.

that being said, ever bumped into a toyota estima, mercedes S class, or even a late model e46 with oem HIDs at the stop lights at night and and admired their light projection on the road??? amazing aren't they.....

well, by fitting a HID conversion kit to you existing halogen projector won't help, the halogen projector are just not meant to be used with HIDs, the light projection is just bad with too many dead spots and terrible glare. you will need to do a projector retrofit from a oem HID projector to be at the same level of performance as the cars mention above.

i just got my set HIDs last week, wanted to install it ASAP, but after checking out the light projection, its just terrible...i get better light with my 100w H1. so, i did my projector retrofit, got to spend about 500 more but the the results is just priceless... great projection, amazing cut off and oem-like HID performance.

so unless its only coolness you are after with HIDs, go for the HID conversion kit. BUT, if you are after coolness and amazing performance, spend a little more and get a HID retrofit kit instead.

just my $0.02

Originally posted by leforte@Jul 18 2006, 04:22 PM
be advised, an aftermarket HIDs conversion kit will not give you the performance of a OEM install HIDs system.

that being said, ever bumped into a toyota estima, mercedes S class, or even a late model e46 with oem HIDs at the stop lights at night and and admired their light projection on the road??? amazing aren't they.....

well, by fitting a HID conversion kit to you existing halogen projector won't help, the halogen projector are just not meant to be used with HIDs, the light projection is just bad with too many dead spots and terrible glare. you will need to do a projector retrofit from a oem HID projector to be at the same level of performance as the cars mention above.

i just got my set HIDs last week, wanted to install it ASAP, but after checking out the light projection, its just terrible...i get better light with my 100w H1. so, i did my projector retrofit, got to spend about 500 more but the the results is just priceless... great projection, amazing cut off and oem-like HID performance.

so unless its only coolness you are after with HIDs, go for the HID conversion kit. BUT, if you are after coolness and amazing performance, spend a little more and get a HID retrofit kit instead.

just my $0.02
err..what do you mean by "HID retrofit kit"?

Bro aramis, he mean HID Conversion Kit, this is for car without HID (Xenon)

BTW, I get my Plasma HID 8000K RM 1000

just found out that these HID's for sale the bulbs are for D2S version.. perfect seating for the e46's..local spec's..

nd_4ever,

oo...the price are quite low like wt u said RM500.but 4600k and 6000k is not that white rite?btw how much u getting urs??

leforte,

so u mean we got to change our projector so that the HID will work well huh??or else it wont be bright?

Donald,
ur HID 1st hand rite?how long u get d?is this the price for now?
btw still dont understand bout the HID conversion kit,for car wthout HID(Xenon):p

Top Bottom