HID & Xenon - JPJ Crackdown

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shiva73

Club Guest
Dear Bro's & Sisters.... :listen:Watched the latest 999 programe on Tv3 . Got it from there that , soon or later JPJ is going to start a massive crackdown on heavily tinted cars, HID & Xenon installed cars . Min saman will be Rm 2000 ( for the 1st warning ) or jail & Min saman of Rm 4000 ( second offence-fail to remove ) or jail . :eek::eek::eek:Hmmm.. now i am worried :smokin:.!! How about you guys? Curiosity.!!! Do they smack all type and range of HID & Xenon ? or there is a power / standard range than can escape ? I bet there must be some sifu's already study this matter in and out. Please advice lor..sama sama cabutzzzz :burnout:

Don't worry. These are all "hangat-hangat taik ayam". After six months they will start losing steam. JPJ - Pigi daahh..

They had the operasi in 2005, 2006, 2007. Touch wood my car was fine, from the tinting to the HID's. I guess if your lucky then its good, if your not then tough.

Hey, this is some serious s**t as lotsa forumers and members will have problems with their investments. I suggest that the club approach the relevent govt department to get the exact guidelines to what construes an offence re, the Hid/Xenon headlights and aftermarket installs, projector lens / reflector lens.... and so forth. There has to some guidelines published and not a 'big bro says no hids'!
What say you? Or are we all to be left in the dark over this bright issue?

SarJeePekAi;318535 said:
Hey, this is some serious s**t as lotsa forumers and members will have problems with their investments. I suggest that the club approach the relevent govt department to get the exact guidelines to what construes an offence re, the Hid/Xenon headlights and aftermarket installs, projector lens / reflector lens.... and so forth. There has to some guidelines published and not a 'big bro says no hids'!

I think it's very important for the club to obtain feedback to ensure some official guidelines with the relevent official. I believe those Xenons with huge reflectors are the culprits coz they are shining brightly as Indiana Jones would like it to be; whereas projector headlights "project" to the road and does not cause glare nor temporary blindness.

SarJeePekAi;318535 said:

dun think the club will be able to do much on this realistically. the area is still quite grey on this matter. if it wasnt, jpj will have launched programs to communicate this on a national level.

imho, the guidelines from RTD/JPJ are stated in their website... which clearly states the rules on tinting, and applicable exemptions. (http://202.190.64.96/v5/content/view/18/69/lang,en/)

there are no explicit guidelines prohibiting the use of HID lights as yet. there are legal installations of HID (where done by the manufacturer or what is known as factory fit). so, aftermarket and retrofitting of HIDs are all illegal. if you have spent money or planning to spend money, caveat emptor! i understand that while specific laws are still being drafted... jpj may resolved to the use of illegal modifications under section 12 of the RTA (http://202.190.64.96/v5/content/view/31/72/lang,en/) to take its enforcement actions. this is draconian as the car may be impounded in a extreme case.

so, those who have knowingly installed HID lights/dark tints... gotta stay low for a while. cant say its a NEW rule. like kaiza said, enforcement been happening for years. :smokin:

Hi all,
I suggest someone start an online petition on this issue, then everyone start spread it like wildfire, and make sure the media is aware of the online petition. Get help from famous blog owners to help spread the online petition too.

Why other countries can allow such lights? Why other countries can allow heavy tinting? We are in Malaysia and the country is a tropical country with bright and hot sunshine all these while...bagi kelonggaran sikit lah. JPJ needs to implement rules that will help the rakyat in any way they can. Imagine in 38C hot sun, the kids and the passengers in the rear seat will definitely feel the heat kan.... so I think the heaviest tinting should be allowed for rear windows cause if not, then we'll continue seeing towels and kain batiks be used as curtains. JPJ needs to think logically. Oh, and why are we not allowed heavy tinting here in Malaysia? If it is to avoid criminals from hiding in a heavily tinted cars, then I guess that's a lame excuse because if they can rob a bank or kill someone, u think they are going to abide by "tak boleh tint kereta" rule? So, we must look the practicality of tinting as compared to JPJ's justification. And, also we dont want to see double standards in this country. First, go and get all the VIPs to remove their tints, then they have shown a good example. What's not helping is also when Msian-made cars can't even go one step ahead and provide aircond vents for rear passengers. How much more would it cost?

Only Malaysians have extra sensitive eyes affected by Xenon HID?

Also, plate numbers!!! They want to make sure everyone follow the plate number lettering rules, but then they allow Proton, Perodua, Persona, BAMbee, Putrajaya etc. etc. to have ridiculous lettering sizes!!!! Oh, so basically the authorities can read Putrajaya or Persona's plate numbers from 500m or 1KM away and not the WXX123's?

Someone, please start a proper online petition please....

sinjiapor oso dun allow black black windows and hid lights. in fact, fog lights oso kennot. and mandatory inspection every 2 years to make sure ppl comply.

bad news guys... just got info from my friend's dad (pengarah JPJ)...
starting from June 2008 - August 2008 there will be roadblocks here n there in all over malaysia.. they r hunting for H.I.D. and Strobe lights.....

No use one cos they cannot even make a dent in their operasi mat rempit.
Not forgetting Milo exhausts, blue turn signals, air horns, fancy number plates and so on....
don't expect miracles as the rot started from within......

Pinjam the paper and hantam kao kao la! Too bad my Engarlis not good. So I pinjam the MotorTrader forum to rant my frust loo.... hopefully I manage to fan the fire (what I do best.. :D) because there are mass media columnists manning the forum.. :p

http://www.motortrader.com.my/asp/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26770

Maybe this is a job for anxious.. :p

ah lian;318592 said:
sinjiapor oso dun allow black black windows and hid lights. in fact, fog lights oso kennot. and mandatory inspection every 2 years to make sure ppl comply.

No use comparing with a country that can't eat chewingum.. and we are not seking for black black tint la. The 80% light penetration ruling almost qualify every car on the road including OEM tint.. !! :stupid: Maybe that's the idea. Gomen so poor meh?

BotakTTDI;318595 said:
bad news guys... just got info from my friend's dad (pengarah JPJ)...
starting from June 2008 - August 2008 there will be roadblocks here n there in all over malaysia.. they r hunting for H.I.D. and Strobe lights.....

My fred oredi kena at SS2 last Saturday night for both tingkap and lampu in his Wiralution.. "good news" is can kao tim wan.. :p

ah lian;318592 said:
I think ur info is a little bit not correct. 4 tint, depan 75% clear & belakang 25% clear. HID boleh as long as it is factory installed. 1st mandatory inspection starts from 3 yr d ka is registered. Subsequently, every 2 yrs.

4 tint belakang, quite a no of driver kena from JPJ. However, there is no clear rule from JPJ. So, media complain 2 Hi Comm & whole affair juz die by itself.

fuad4;318610 said:
Davidtch, may I correct you:
Rules 5 (1) and 5 (3) of the Motor Vehicles (Prohibition of Certain Types of Glass), Amendment 2000, stipulate that the front windscreen should permit not less than 70% light transmission, while the back windscreen and side windows should permit not less than 50% light transmission.
http://202.190.64.96/v5/content/view/18/69/lang,en/

fuad4, Davidtch is answering to Ah Beng's fren Ah Lian's posting about Stingkapur ruling. Not Bolehland.

And I thought Bolehland tinting rulings has changed from 70%/50% to 80%/70% as reported in the local newspaper?! Those jokers haven't update their website yet ah?

Darn.... been searching the net for almost an hour but can't find the reported new 80%/70% ruling... as far as JPJ website is concern, its still 70% (for all) and the 70%/50% ruling... funny... why 2 different interpretations.. ??

All 70%: http://202.190.64.96/v5/content/view/31/72/1/2/lang,ms/

70%/50%: http://202.190.64.96/v5/content/view/55/lang,ms/

By those standards, I am still safe.. :p

astroboy;318647 said:
fuad4, Davidtch is answering to Ah Beng's fren Ah Lian's posting about Stingkapur ruling. Not Bolehland.

And I thought Bolehland tinting rulings has changed from 70%/50% to 80%/70% as reported in the local newspaper?! Those jokers haven't update their website yet ah?
Thx Astroboy.

Fuad4, previously http://202.190.64.96/v5/content/view/21/69/lang,en/ was not cleared. So, JPJ officer anyhow hantam. Now, it is clearer. Kereta Brunei & Sg is exempted. Tapi, kereta Thailand has 2 complied.

Found published on Xenon ban to exclude OEM car manufacturer...

Cars with built-in Xenon lights skip ban By Ayu Musa Kamal
MalayMail (Main Section), 26/6/07

THE proposed ban of Xenon lights will not affect cars that have lights built-in by car makers, Road Transport Department enforcement director Salim Parlan said. Responding to a report in a daily on the proposed ban prompted reactions from car manufacturers, including DaimlerChrysler Malaysia Sdn Bhd and BMW Malaysia Sdn Bhd as well as the Malaysian Automotive Association.

Me safe! .. :D

so the next step is to pass off your HID lights as factory installed... hee hee...
not difficult with those recond cars from other countries... buat tak tau!!! best!!

i wonder... what is the big hung up about tints....
I agree if it is too dark like 30%, then it might impose hazards...
However, if it is installed at the passenger side and not the driver, where is the hazard?
If this is such a big risk, then why the buses are so dark and even has curtains...

In overall, how many accidents can they prevent from dark tint. I think there is an ulterior motive to this la... may be to divert malaysians to other daily living issues rather every day banging on the country leadership.

planta

I would appreciate any official guidelines on HID. What colour temperature is illegal?

Tutup Lampu jer

Kalau jumpa JPJ tutup lampu jer....:burnout:

Hmm ...last time i have been paying luit kopi for my chrome number plates almost everytime bump into patrol car / roadblock...frustrated.. changed to so call ''LULUS'' . Now ''HID'' again:eek:..susah mau hidup:rolleyes:

Just dnt know where this guys can come with this kinda of ideas huh...who is the mastermind huh? Gomen ka ?

Top Bottom