Help (Wonky Alarm)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

FLY

Club Guest
i understand the e34 came with the factory fitted Cobra alarm unfortunately, my '96 5 er 's alarm is going wonkyit beeps (indicating door not properly shut) almost everytime i try to arm the alarmit also alarmed last night, the security guards at my apartment got me out of bed to disarm.thus the thing is:do u guys think its best to go back to the cobra installer?do they still exsist?AB?Or visit any competent workshop electrican? much obliged...FLY

FLY,

I know the ppl at Cobra, call me anytime. Sounds like you may have a bad contact on one of your doors.

I wouldn't worry too much sounds like a simple contact problem, i.e: cheap fix!

Not sure about E34 but when I have difficulties in either arming or disarming the alarm of my E36 (feels like battery of the remote running out), some experts said to use the little key to disarm the master button (usually found inside your glove compartment) and then re-arm it. That should increase the sensitivity. Try it...it may work.

thanks for all the feedback
i ve disarmed the alarm for the time being until i find the time to have it looked at
i know...dicey to do that but...

In my case, I gave up on my COBRA alarm and decided to change to another brand... less worry and I know it can last for many more years.

Have experienced with old alarm systems in my other cars... you repair them but very soon they go all wonky again.

Top Bottom