Help..... Need to convert E90 Aftermaket Xenon headlight from LHD to RHD

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sagetan

Club Guest
Hi,To all pros, "old birds", bros and sis. Do anyone know any workshop or people who know how to convert aftermarket (Sonar) xenon headlight from LHD to RHD to suit our road usage? Did communicate with the overseas seller and he confirmed that this can be done by switching the lens inside the headlight to opposite position. This will then convert the headlight from LHD to RHD. But he recommned to get people or workshop who are familiar with car headlight to do the jobThanks in advance.View attachment 26847

aidil, I think he want to make the light profile from __/ __/ to this \__ \__

I think you have done this before.

Yup, you are right. That what i want.

From __/ __/ LHD to this \__ \__ RHD.

You know anyone or shop in JB area can do it?

jarance;780503 said:
aidil, I think he want to make the light profile from __/ __/ to this \__ \__

I think you have done this before.

usually not reversing the lens, u have to dismantle the plastic panel, then remove the lens. from there, u can see the metal plate that covers the reflector. just reverse back the metal plate. done that before for E46 ci AL lights :)

No Jarance I haven't done this before. I didn't modify the imported projector because I got the FXR projector which is for LHD.

What Yazmeen mentioned is correct; need to be dismantled to readjust the cutoff pattern. Somebody familiar with projectors can do this.

Here is the shutter for AL
IMG_3313_G.jpg

FXR shutter
IMG_3340.jpg

aidil, sorry my bad.. It must been somebody else...

mmm... wonder who is the guy..

Bro aidil, later if u have free time can u check from ur source if i wanna convert the FXR to my ori projector e38, how much is the cost, where to buy, etc..hehe..the cut out is sooo cool

Hi Yazmeen,

Finally managed to find a workshop that was able to do that for me. Yup, need to open the plastic panel and than reverse the metal plate.

YaZmEeN;780628 said:
usually not reversing the lens, u have to dismantle the plastic panel, then remove the lens. from there, u can see the metal plate that covers the reflector. just reverse back the metal plate. done that before for E46 ci AL lights :)

jarance;780670 said:
aidil, sorry my bad.. It must been somebody else...

mmm... wonder who is the guy..

Jarance, it could be Bro xcrave..

YaZmEeN;780671 said:
Bro aidil, later if u have free time can u check from ur source if i wanna convert the FXR to my ori projector e38, how much is the cost, where to buy, etc..hehe..the cut out is sooo cool

Bro Yazmeen, now they already have FXR 3.0 which should be better than my FXR. I bought mine from ebay so the finish is worse than if you would buy it from here : http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?cPath=25

Cheers

Top Bottom