Help! Need info on 525i 24v (1995)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kev

Club Guest
Hi, I'm new to the forum. Hope u mahagurus will be able to give some advise on a 525i 24v 1995 which I am interested to purchase. Have already viewed a few 520 year 94-96. Yesterday saw a dark blue 525 and and it looks GOOD. The engine & auto transmission feels smooth & quiet when i test drove it. Mileage is about 160,000. Leather interior also looks well kept. It is a 1 owner car, registered under a company.It selling for RM63,000, which is on the high side. What's the market price for?And is the maintenance and parts costly?Thanks

95 will be a facelifted version wit vanos engine......Definately is a great car ever....Low maitainance wit high performance.....For the price....can always check the MT n The Star for further information..... :D

Hi guys , this is my first posting here altho i have read with great interest the many posts here.

I have a 525i touring 93 which is the only one in the country, has abt 220k km and may be interested to sell to an enthusiast at the right price.

It is in good mechanical condition having had in the last 2 to 3 years, an overhaul, shocks , radiator, aircon sys, blower, electric window reguator, leather interior ....and 18 Ac schnitzers.

It is a daily driver and my kids go to school in it.
It has all kinds of little paint chips over the body and rims , as it is our daily driver, but a touch up and the car looks real hot.

I am looking for an offer over 60k simply becos the recent bills of these past 3 years amt to over 30k
Also, the new V50 is on its way...i think.(but the e34 is smoother on the road)

It is a 93 ( nov) and is imported thru Auto Bavaria to the German Embassy.It has a drivers airbag, the large twin sunroof.

Anyway, pm me is any of u out there want to have a look at the car

havent seen a touring in m'sia..nice cars..but i have read the dual sun-roof tends to leak. didnt mention if it was a manual or auto?
some pics might help you sell the car dude!

Auto...and u r right...i heard from all sides abt leaking sunroofs and the wierd thing is, this car has never leaked drips at all except for a period last year ( abt oct ) , when it happened abt 3 times. We were in a jam on MRR2 near the Safari building and it was real heavy rain. when we started moving again , a gush, not drips, poured down from the rear corner onto my son's head!Curiously, it happened 2 more times and suddenly it hasnt happened since.Not a single drip!
Any comments???

I will try to post a pic...where do i get instructions to do this??

Hi Key

I'm driving a Biaritz Blue 1995 E34 registered in Nov. It took me more than a year to find this baby and now after having it more than a year, it has been a dream driving the car. It was also a company car before, 108k on the odo when I got it. Since it's an end model, it also came with the 3 spoke sports steering, weave basket rims, auto cruise (yes!!) - rare 'cos this is the only one that I found w auto cruise during my year-old search, and auto blind. Do look out for these additional end model "add-ons".

Originally posted by huattie@Jun 22 2005, 08:19 AM
Hi Key

I'm driving a Biaritz Blue 1995 E34 registered in Nov. It took me more than a year to find this baby and now after having it more than a year, it has been a dream driving the car. It was also a company car before, 108k on the odo when I got it. Since it's an end model, it also came with the 3 spoke sports steering, weave basket rims, auto cruise (yes!!) - rare 'cos this is the only one that I found w auto cruise during my year-old search, and auto blind. Do look out for these additional end model "add-ons".
My car also came with autocruise and the rear sunblind. But I took both of them out! The sunblind was stuck and I have never been bothered with using the rear sunblinds in my other cars. In an E34 525i, you don't need to cruise - it would be too dangerous to take your foot off the pedals at those speeds on the highway :p

OSFlanker

Yeah.... my rear sunblind already kaput-ed when I got it. I pull it up and down "manually". Replacing a new one (according to the dudes in Heritage would cost a bomb, so I never bothered).

As for the auto cruise, I found it as a nice touch to the driving pleasure when I'm on the highway particularly after driving for a hour or two. It comes in really handy.

Now I'm trying to get a OBC retrofitted but still can't find the jalan to 1. get a used OBC 2. do the retrofitting

Any jalan?

Thanks for all your feedback.

Test drove it again this week and finally decided to get. Should be able to collect the car next week. Now gotta sell off my other half's 1992 proton aeroback 1.5(A). Anyone interested?

Was wondering should i send the 525i in for inspection 1? That's what i did when i got my e30. Or do i wait until the service lights turn on? Heard from someone that cars with timing chain does not need changing. Is it true?

Kev

Aaron,

Nice stuff. The twin sunroof is great but also the weakest part of the car. Its seals and mechanism are very prone to failures. Parts also hard to source. Other than this, the rest of the car is great.

Those who wanted a great E34, this IS the one to get!.

In Philipines, mine was also embassy car but without sun-roof and bare-bones. Actually no fogs, I had to rig one myself. Its the manual transmission I bought this car for. Sweet shifting and great torque at low revs.

OSF,
Yeah, autocruise is useless, I took it off my automatic sedan as well. Need to be attentive when cruising at high speeds, meaning hands and feet on the right things all the time.

I loved the tail of the E34 Touring. Same look as the MZ coupe tail.....

Huattie, the OBC retrofit is just plug and play. Check whether you have the check-control module (its in the engine bay), or just check the ECU bay, you should have three modules there, one of them should be for the trans-program. If you have that, the OBC shall work just fine.

RGds

Thanks dude - will do some chop-shop hunting tomorrow and will let us know. Cheers

E34 touring

Do you know of a source to get lowering springs up front for the touring?
My rears are self levelling shocks and i have heard that aftermarket suppliers didnt make any for the touring.
Once , i found a website on M5 touring fans but can't seem to trace it now.

Top Bottom