HELP: How to dial in LESS -ve camber?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

adliz

Club Guest
Hi all,I'm using pss9, adjusted the fronts to almost its lowest position.. my front camber is now at -2, where the factory spec is at -1.2.. I understand that adjustable camber plates are to dial more aggressive camber and to provide less stress on the struts themselves..BUT, can adjustable plates be adjusted to get more positive camber? i intend to get around -1.5.. pls chime in.. :top:

Of course. You can even go into positive camber with adjustable camber plates.

i see.. i see.. thanks for the confirmation guys..

bundy, err, i thot it should only be around -1.2 only.. i might be wrong..

haha..

if -2 fronts, what shud be the rear? just give suggestions, dun worry, i wont hold u to your words.. just wanna see the general idea..

+/- 1 degree from factory settings are "okay".
Introduce more negative camber to your rear setup can bring less oversteer. :)

Cheers

adliz;365335 said:
haha..

if -2 fronts, what shud be the rear? just give suggestions, dun worry, i wont hold u to your words.. just wanna see the general idea..

Should always try to set the rear same as your front. That's my own theory la anyways.

If you go with -2 all round, just rotate your tires more often. Should be ok one.

loafer;365420 said:
Should always try to set the rear same as your front. That's my own theory la anyways.

If you go with -2 all round, just rotate your tires more often. Should be ok one.

Why the same ? you don't steer using rear wheels.
Shifting -2 wheels around is still having more inner-edge wear. same.

Adam,

In general, Rear Wheel Driven cars should have a more neg camber than the front wheels.
Since you have lowered your car to the lowest setting, there could be a possiblity that some parts have worn out extensively.
Before embarking on a set of camber plates, maybe try and look at the front suspension and change heavy wear and tear parts first. Arms, bushes, bearings will wear out fast.....especially with the way you drive........hehehe :eek::eek::eek:

If you do get a set of adjustables, try and get Ground Control ones

Ground control? where to get them? i tot adjustable plate can only go negative and not positive?

loafer;365420 said:

Not really possible if the front and rear are different size??

if the wheels is negative 2, it will look funny man, especially for road cars. it looks like something is very wrong.....but as for track car or drift car, it look damn cool!":)

As for me, im still looking for answers how to adjust my front wheel back to normal settings.

i've been on -1.5 all round for quite some time... lately did alignment, and shop told me my rear camber cannot be adjusted anymore, its dead.. reading showing -1.4 on one side and -2.0 on another.. front both are -1.2, no problem can be fixed.. i want all back to -1.5 now.. take note, i just changed my tie-rods front, any effect fr this..?? im confused??!!?? what is wrong wt my rear cambers..??

ps: sorry TS, hijack a bit..since we are at the topic..

help, tq tq

After changing bushes and lower arms, my front still -2 camber, what now? helppppp (adjustable camber plate?)

I believe camber degree is a personal thing but of course, the factory recommendation must be used as benchmark. For track purposes, certain tracks with more corners would demand more negative camber but the more aggressive the camber, the more sacrifice on top speed and pickup.

If suffer under steer, use more aggressive front negative camber. If suffer over steer, use more aggressive rear negative camber.

Negative camber will promote tyre inner wear, that's the price you pay for aggressive driving.. :wink:

For my E90 4-potter, front camber is dead. Rear camber factory recommend -1.3 but I suffer bad inner wear, so I'm running -1.10 now to conserve my tyres.. my missy use the car more and she didn't complain over steer, than no problem lo.. :p

i THINK another way to achieve factory setting is to loosen all connected parts, drive around the block REAL slowly.. do alignment and tighten the parts...

what do u guys think?

OSFlanker;445661 said:
People not driving standard M3 mah........special M3 may have special settings.

Actually on the e46///M, the front camber is about 1'00" to 1'30" max, which is less than the E36///M. But what really makes the E46///M handles so much better around corners is the big jump in caster!!

Top Bottom