HELP HELP HELP

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by Fireblade@Aug 15 2005, 05:23 PM
Sith,

Thank goodness your OK. Yes, I too am having a similar problem with my car; the damn wiper just stops working suddenly. This especially happens after I stop at traffic lights. Vigorously moving the wiper stalk switch up & down does not seem to work either. Then after a few minutes it starts working again. I've check & cleaned the stalk switch/connectors contacts and that doesnt solve the problem. Its most likely the wiper control unit, which has the speed sensor signal into it. There are a couple of relays + electronic components in this box. I wanted to replace the relays (soldered down to the PCB) but its not commonly found here. If you look at the parts catalog, you need to replace the whole unit - its under the dashboard on the passenger side. Its either you get a new one or get a reliable used one. I'm looking for one at the moment. In the mean time if it fails again then just pull over to safely park your car.
The wiper will go into interval mode when they car is stationary even though you are speed 2. This is normal. There is nothing wrong with the wiper control.

Glad to read that u r ok. Just out of curiosity, what tyres are u using n how much tread remaining?

Originally posted by ichiwan2@Aug 16 2005, 09:51 AM
Glad to read that u r ok. Just out of curiosity, what tyres are u using n how much tread remaining?
Michelin Energy's -

back about 50%

Front 80 %

Sith,

Glad youre ok bro.

I get the impression that the 3 series can get a wee bit twitchy in the wet. Was doing about 120km on NPE in similar weather a few mths ago. When I went through a puddle, just felt as if the rear end was about to give way. So, no more 120s from then on.

Later dude!

Sith,

Time to:

1) Read your owner's handbook(wiper operation)
2) Lower your ride
3) Get larger wheels n tyre combo
4) Call a cab whenever it rains..................

Hahahahahaaha..............*cabut*

Tires & Rims is very the mahal... must wait for more dosh before I invest i these items. More over I want to make sure I get the right ones..

Flash is most correct, will check the darn wipers first

Nickle zwa - Larger Rims ?????? U oso dah pandai nak racun ker...

Originally posted by sithwarrior@Aug 17 2005, 12:40 PM
Tires & Rims is very the mahal... must wait for more dosh before I invest i these items. More over I want to make sure I get the right ones..

Flash is most correct, will check the darn wipers first

Nickle zwa - Larger Rims ?????? U oso dah pandai nak racun ker...
Kinda grows on you by being a member of the club doesn't it? :D

Anyway, you're quite right. Take your time in making a choice.

Check the wipers bro... Looks like an average raining week.

Glad that u r ok but my advice would be to slow down during rainy days as I have seen UDM n Merc spun along the highway during my 10 over years plying the highway every week! The rain water does not run off quick enough n certain stretches do collect water thus causing the wheels to slide (skin friction, I presume). I have also encountered some of these with the ASC light flashing hence to slow down. Touch wood so far ok. ;) :unsure: :dunno:

Originally posted by cwk_ipoh@Aug 17 2005, 03:59 PM
Glad that u r ok but my advice would be to slow down during rainy days as I have seen UDM n Merc spun along the highway during my 10 over years plying the highway every week! The rain water does not run off quick enough n certain stretches do collect water thus causing the wheels to slide (skin friction, I presume). I have also encountered some of these with the ASC light flashing hence to slow down. Touch wood so far ok. ;) :unsure: :dunno:
At least the later BMWs have ASC / DSC to control skids.... my ex-E36 and current E34 does not have. Believe sith's car does not have ASC / DSC too. Hence have to be more careful.... self-restraint from pressing the power pedal to the full in the wet.

Top Bottom