• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
405334_10150519086867145_588217144_8949690_762807286_n.jpg

Latest updates

- front bumper repaired
- 3M wrap on the interior panel
- engine should be assembled by today
- leaking radiator repaired
- eibach spacer for front and rear wheels
- 19" kelleners sport wheels sent for refurbishing and will be sprayed to matte black color

haywire;701702 said:
leaking radiator can be repaired?

Yup, that's what Naidu told me the last time. The sides of the radiator which is made of plastic can be replaced. Usually the leak is around the plastic area or at the plastic outlet where the top radiator hose connects to.

Mine was cracked at the plastic outlet and at the core itself and yet it wasn't leaking severely at all. Most to most just top up a pint once every two weeks. But decided to change the whole rad than to repair. Replaced it with Behr for 730 and this was the damage occurred in Nov this year.

Went back home to check on the maintenance history file of the car and it was last replaced back in 2001. Which means that rad worked its life out for 10 years!!!

Somethings are just meant to last..........for a DECADE only!!! I ain't complaining. :D

Good to hear the side plastic things can be replaced..i have the things for me in case of rainy days..but it must be done by a well versed bmw mech..

the car will come out tomorrow but engine very noisy..connecting rod seems near end of life....m54b25 new engine soon...or maybe m54b30 ( give me decent quotation )

For the moment, I have to live with that :(

anakin;697546 said:
Well....glad to hear that you feel OK...maybe Albert didn't managed to solve all your problems,or he might be wrong in diagnosed the problems...which all the of mechanics did (admit or not),
I'm not here to defend Albert, I once tried to 'run' from Albert to other workshop which is highly recommended in this forum, ended not just being chopped like hell,enough to say they left me with a miserable life afterwards, so much so I decided no more BMW for me....wish you all the best bro!

Ditto Anakin. I have been using various workshop services for my BMWs (11) in the last 12 years of BMW ownership. Until now I am still with Albert of WP auto. In fact he is in the process of helping to rebuild my e24 635 csi.

I am of the opinion that we must know the full facts of any case before passing sweeping remarks like "kena chop" there are 2 side to a coin. I just spoke to Albert and I learn about the facts that the owner is completely aware of what sort of work each stage of the repairs is done. The choice of using a 2.8 head being installed instead of 3.0 head or a 3.0 engine kosong is known to the owner.

We ourselves always ask for others the be fair to us. Do we do the same to our illiterate mechanic? All of us have our differences with one another but the truth will prevails.

Most of us may have forgotten that there is actually 3 sides to a coin and not just 2 sides. The 3rd is the side of the coin which most of us tend to overlook. Like the saying goes, one size does not fit all and each of us has our preference for a particular workshop even though the mechanic is an illiterate.

Top Bottom