Heavy Rain & Windscreen

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Orion

Club Guest
Hi, I just got my ride a few days ago and yesterday was the first time I drove thru heavy rain in KL.I notice that the rain drops do not bead on the windscreen, they spaltter and instantly blurs the vision of the road ahead.Rain drops does bead and flow off easily on the windscreen on my old ride, I didn't have to apply rainx or anything like it. The best part is that the vision of the road ahead remains clear no matter how heavy the rain is. What can I do to get the same results with risking wiper noise and jerks? Does rainx work well with your UDMs here?Also, if I do rainx, I will have to keep applying it again every few months - that's a not really a good thing. I didn't have to do that for my previous ride and after 4+ years, the rain drops still beads and run off easily.Thanks for your suggestions and help.

Two type of RainX you need

RainX that goes into your tank reservoir
RainX Normal

Apply RainX to all the windows inclusive side mirror. I cannot see the side mirror at night with heavy rain when the car is new. After RainX, it works well.
RainX to the tank is to topup the coating each time you wash your windscreen with wiper.

New windshields are all like that... needs "running-in".. I would treat it one round with Rain-X and you are good to go.

Thanks for the input.

So I take it that Rainx doesn't cause any windscreen wiper jerking and noisy right?

In my previous car, people do complain that when they apply Rainx, the wipers jerk and makes a lot of noise.

Thanks!

Orion;731217 said:
Thanks for the input.

So I take it that Rainx doesn't cause any windscreen wiper jerking and noisy right?

In my previous car, people do complain that when they apply Rainx, the wipers jerk and makes a lot of noise.

Thanks!

you apply evenly. I think new formula don't have this problem, mine no

If you dont want to use RainX, another alternative is to clay or clean your windscreen and coat and/or wax it.

I use RainX. Works well. I top it up or re-apply every few months but its worth the effort. Safety first....

So far my 5 year old E90 only been applied with Rain-X once.. for the same reason. I'm washing my car using PG Polymer shampoo which "coats" the windscreen as well with a thin layer of polymer after every wash and it works well to bead the rain water.. not as great as Rain-X though but enough for me.. :4:

Top Bottom